Put your Metroids in order 

Post Re: Put your Metroids in order
This is really hard. I love every Metroid. I beat the Queen in Metroid II a long time ago, just because I had a used copy, which was all I could ever find, and there was a file with all items collected, but I only beat the entire game myself a couple of years ago for the first time on an emulator. If I had to put them in order (Corruption through Metroid II are all fairly even, but I was just winging it.) it'd probably be like this:

Metroid Prime>Fusion>Super Metroid>Corruption>Zero Mission>Echoes>Other M>Hunters>Metroid II>Metroid

The reason I put the first Metroid NES last was because it's the one that I've played the least, ironically. :shot: I rarely got far without using NARPAS SWORD0 either. :shot: I never had an NES or SNES, so I had to wait for Super Metroid to come out on the Wii Virtual Console... :shot: (I didn't know about emulators at the time.) I played Fusion first, but Zero Mission was the first Metroid that I got. I was looking for Fusion, but I couldn't remember which one I had played. I guess it's good that I got Zero Mission since it was both a remake of and had the original on it. I thought Prime was perfect. After Echoes, I got the rest of them whenever they came out, so I guess I would consider them fairly judged. (If you know what I mean.)

Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:37 pm
Profile WWW

Prime 3 (My first metroid game :)) > Prime > Prime 2 > Super Metroid > Other M

Those are the ones I've played. I really enjoied the trilogy, it was grand. Super metroid, was, of course great. And I really liked Other M, even though I would have liked it to take place on more than just a single ship. Granted, that ship was freakishly large, but Prime 3 you got to explore 5 PLANETS.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:06 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Super Metroid> Corruption> Prime> Fusion> Zero Mission> Original> Echoes> Metroid 2> Pinball> Hunters> Other M

Haven't played pinball or hunters, but pinball is.. pinball, and hunters just doesn't appeal to me at all.
Other M is one of the worst games I've ever played, Metroid or non.

Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:31 pm
Profile WWW

Metroid Fusion > Metroid Zero Mission > Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt > Metroid Prime Pinball > Metroid Prime 2 Echoes > Metroid Prime > Super Metroid > Metroid Prime 3 Corruption > Metroid II: The Return of Samus

Yes, I played Pinball AND Echoes before even playing the original Prime. Also, I have my copy of Other M sitting around, I just haven't gotten around to playing it yet. I've tried the original Metroid a couple times, never really as a serious playthrough.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:42 am

Trilogy (in case it counts as a whole) > Prime > Super > Zero Mission > Other M > Corruption > Pinball > Echoes > Fusion > Metroid > Hunters > RoS

I didn't like Other M up until after I beat it the first time (because after that, the cut-scenes can be skipped :-D )
a general disclaimer in case this voids my opinions of merit: I have only played ZM, Fusion, and RoS on an emulator (I was late to the party :cry: , but I own hard-copies of the rest)

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:34 am
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

FstrthnU wrote:
Metroid Fusion > Metroid Zero Mission > Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt > Metroid Prime Pinball > Metroid Prime 2 Echoes > Metroid Prime > Super Metroid > Metroid Prime 3 Corruption > Metroid II: The Return of Samus

I call troll.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:22 am

I registered to post my order just because Echoes gets so little love and Prime 3 gets so much. D:

Prime/Super (of course) > Zero Mission > Echoes > Fusion > Metroid Classic > Metroid 2 RoS > Prime 3 > Pinball > Hunters and Other M

Fusion was my first Metroid game, it scared me at the time 'cuz I was little. :P

Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:47 pm

How can anyone put a demo of hunters ahead of any game in the series let alone super and prime? Do you even like this series :???:

A Warrior Fights To His Last Breath, A Warrior Bleeds For Those Who Have Bled, A Warrior Dies For Those That Have Died. Yet In The End A Warrior Lives Forever And Becomes Something More, An Eternal Legend.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:52 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Like I said, he must have been a troll

Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:55 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

prime 1 > fusion > super > zero mission > prime 2, 3 > metroid > the rest

fusion was my first ever metroid game, so it's pretty high up on my list

Oh crap, I forgot to tell Col. Hagstrom to polish the dimensional distortion turbines and re-install Windows XP on the ships inter dimensional walky talky thing... we might end up in an alternate post synthetic spasm rendered REE AAAHH LUUH TEE

Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:01 pm

SUPER,

WHATEVER

also good lord tell that dude to control his sig

Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm
Profile WWW