Boss Medley Tabs 

Post Boss Medley Tabs
Finished this months ago. Forgot to upload.

http://www.zshare.net/download/994516134b33fa4b/

Guitar Pro version for those who have it, .pdf versions for those who don't. Included .mid so you can listen for accuracy without loading the .gp5

Let me know if anybody has issues with the download link. I can directly email the .rar if need the need arises.

Have fun.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:24 pm

Post Re: Boss Medley Tabs
looks mostly right. this is the original version, not the varia suite mix?

you missed a guitar part in the intro, but to be fair it's really hard to hear. when the lead guitar first comes in wailing away theres another guitar doing an open D/octave riff to the same rhythm as the bass. the chords in the walkup in the beginning of the crocomire section are augmented fifths not perfect fifths (or, instead of a power chord, move the top note up one fret eg D-3 A-4 instead of D-3 A-3)

might pick through it more later, haven't listened to the midi yet but thanks for the sweet package!

Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:43 am
Profile WWW

Yes, this is off the old version, before the full band existed. A little of it was from a live vid of the thing on youtube, transposed up the half step back into drop D.

Was never too confident about any of the rhythm parts. I kinda just listened for whatever notes I could hear and threw them in there. I know I dropped a couple parts throughout, and that was mostly due to laziness mixed with tabbing difficulties. Doing all the swells and harmonics and such throughout the Spore Spawn lines was attempted, but Guitar Pro didn't like that so I gave up. The Crocomire section you were talking about was really weird to figure out. If you listen, there's the straight quarters doing the power chords, and then a triplet thing doing the augments. That's what I heard anyways. So, Guitar 2 in my score does the quarters and Guitar 3 does the triplets.

Thanks for the feedback. I'd like to get this as perfect as possible. I once told myself I would go through all the tracks one by one and tab them all...this was my first attempt in a very long time at actually accomplishing this goal. Once this one is considered "Done" by more than just me, the only question is: What song next?

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:45 pm

oh s**t i completely misread the tab there, you have gtr2 doing a power chord and gtr 3 doing the augment on the root. i thought you just had power chords. lol, if i listened to the midi i would have heard it, and ya that's correct.

also doesn't the original version have background synth swelling occasionally in the Spore Spawn section? maybe it was just hard to hear. i'd hit rewind but i'm lazy

anyway that's a good jorb you did there. you should do the expansion pack vers. of Norfair next for maximum fun trying to figure out both Dan and my solos haha (hint i can't help you with mine either because i routinely forget half of it)

Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:50 pm
Profile WWW

Yeah, there are swells and eerie bends and crap all over the spore spawn sections, I was just too lazy to tab them out because MIDI hates that kind of thing. In regards to next, I think I'm going with some of the really older stuff, by which I mean the stuff that got me into playing guitar in the first place. Probably gonna snatch the old Brinstar (NES) so I can finally stop pretending to know how to play it.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:48 pm