Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 295 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 The Metroid Metal song suggestion thread 

The next track is always "on the way".

Why would Stemage even say it in the home page if the next track was a long way off?

Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:53 pm

because it's better than saying "nah, i'm not working on anything".

Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:53 pm

I never really look at the homepage, i always just go directly here.

Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:13 pm

DuckofDoom wrote:

Why would Stemage even say it in the home page if the next track was a long way off?

It is on the way, but the CD comes first.

Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:25 pm
Profile WWW

Golem905 wrote:
DuckofDoom wrote:

It is on the way, but the CD comes first.

I hadn't thought of any CD. I'm more focused on the individual tracks. Personally, I would've said "The NEXT CD is on the way." I'll need to mark my calendars for the last week of August as "expected Metroid Metal Track."

One more question: Why did you release 3 tracks in 2005 and 2007 but only 2 in 2006 and 2008?

Update: Whoops! I forgot that the Prime Title/Theme was released in January of 2006! That's 3 tracks for that year. This reminds me of when I first started listening to Metroid Metal in June of 2006. For 5 months I'd wondered when they'd release the next track. If Stemage was assembling his next album, that justifies it.

Last edited by Golem905 on Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:59 pm

I hadn't thought of any CD. I'm more focused on the individual tracks. Personally, I would've said "The NEXT CD is on the way." I'll need to mark my calendars for the last week of August as "expected Metroid Metal Track."

It's the CD mentioned on the homepage and this page: http://www.metroidmetal.com/metroid-metal-live-pax.html It's a full record recreating all the songs with the live group musicians.

Golem905 wrote:
One more question: Why did you release 3 tracks in 2005 and 2007 but only 2 in 2006 and 2008?

Because I was busier those years. 2006 my Stemage record came out, and in 2008 it was oodles of videos for the Magfest performance.

Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:32 pm
Profile WWW

I made a few suggestions a while back, but that was, well, a while back. So I guess I'll say them again.

One was the Mission Complete" song, or whatever it's called, from Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime Pinball. I'm not sure I actually heard it in Prime because I'm still playing thorugh that one, but in Pinball you hear it whenever you finish a game. Kind of a fast song...let me see if I can find it. Here we go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW8kqMQocUk

It sounded faster in Pinball, but yeah, that's the one.

The second idea I had was sort of an experimental medley. Basically, all the tiny little musical bits you hear--basically, whenever it isn't playing a looping theme--could be put together so that they flow smoothly, and of course it'll all be metalized. Some of the bits from it have already been done--say, the Item Collect theme or the intro theme--but there are plenty of others. This could also be a way to incorporate music from Hunters. I remember Stem saying that since he didn't enjoy MPH a bit, he doesn't pln on making them anytime soon, and if he did make them, they would probably be last, there would only be a couple tracks, and they probably wouldn't even be considered his best work. Makes sense, considering that game's music definitely didn't reach Metroid standards. Just listen to the music in the sound test...not much in there is nearly as cool as Metroid's other tunes. So what Stem could do with Hunters is take some of the tracks, maybe some of the hunters' themes (they all sound basically the same, but you can hear subtle differences, so it would be cool to play them all right next to each other, or maybe as some kind of chorus that comes up regularly in the song). Again, I told Stem about this one a while back, and he said it sounded like an interesting idea with a lot of potential.

Some other, more recent ideas I had were from Fusion. Yes, I definitely want to hear the Sector 1 theme; it sounded great in the game, and had a lot of atmoshpere, and I want to hear it louder and heavier! Also I remember Sector 5 (ARC...basically, the ice level where you fight Nightmare) But another thing I want to hear is the ending. You know how after you beat the game, you can save it and then replay shortly before the SA-X boss fight? It'll start from there. Maybe the song's intro could be the music that plays on your way up to the room where you fight the SA-X, but then out of nowhere in the middle song it could suddenly (and I mean this in the most epic way possible, with a lot of musical tension) lose most of it's "musicy" quality and go to ambient noise, like you hear in the SA-X boss room right before the boss ambushes you. There could even be the sound of the SA-X's footsteps in there (anyone who played Fusion knows exactly what I'm talking about), and then BOOM--SA-X theme busts out. It would be epic. After the giht it could have another brief moment of ambience for the par immediately after the fight where you go into the room and activate the computer (so this would of course be shorter than the ambient part earlier), and then you hear the Fusion escape theme. Maybe even the Omega Metroid fight in there (including Omeg metroid-like sounds...that would be an awesome touch), and then maybe end with the credits or something. Again, epic. Basically, the song should make you feel like you're replaying the ending, but really all you're doing is listening to some heavy metal.

And yeah, the Emperor Ing theme sounds awesome. Stem should definitely do that one at some point.

Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:43 pm
Profile YIM

Jimmie, I have a song checklist that covers almost everything except Pinball and Hunters. I think everything but the Mission Complete song is on that checklist. It's been stagnant for a while, so you might have to look back a few pages for it. By the way, Sector 1 is your best bet here.

Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:19 pm

Dude. Stemage will ake it if he wants, I don't think he's really going by any strict "checklist" or anything. I don't really think you can even really say what's the best bet or not, honestly. :lol:

Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:39 pm
Profile YIM

Dude. Stemage will ake it if he wants, I don't think he's really going by any strict "checklist" or anything. I don't really think you can even really say what's the best bet or not, honestly. :lol:

I only said Sector 1 was your best bet because...out of all the songs you requested, Sector 1 is what the other users want the most. I wouldn't request Emperor Ing so soon, unless you're not afraid of throwing your vote away.

Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:48 pm

If only we were voting. I'm sure Stem likes choosing songs he knows will be popular, but it's not like he's making money off of doing this, he doesn't need any hit singles. I imagine he'd pck whatever sounds most interesting to him first, though. I dunno, he might stop by here again and clear things up for us.

Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:18 pm
Profile YIM

I just went through my list of metroid tracks......and....I say Hive Mecha from Metroid Prime 1. My second choice would be Phendrana's Edge because I like it more than Phendrana Drifts....but it's too similar to be worth an MM remake.

Another thing that would be worth a listen would be the <prime 2 area> music as an intro to the <guardian from that area> theme from Echoes.

Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:38 pm

I'd personally like to hear some songs from Fusion. Not many themes stand out in my memory, but it's the one game you haven't taken a song from.

Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:37 pm

I'd personally like to hear some songs from Fusion. Not many themes stand out in my memory, but it's the one game you haven't taken a song from.

For too long I've waited for Metroid Metal Fusion's Opening Scene/Sector 1. What track really caught your ear?

Lazarah wrote:
I just went through my list of metroid tracks......and....I say Hive Mecha from Metroid Prime 1. My second choice would be Phendrana's Edge because I like it more than Phendrana Drifts....but it's too similar to be worth an MM remake.

Another thing that would be worth a listen would be the <prime 2 area> music as an intro to the <guardian from that area> theme from Echoes.

This is one of those times where the font colors come in handy. Your ideas are a bit different than mine, but I respect them.
I was thinking Hive Mecha had some good potential for a Metroid Metal Prime track, possibly in a mashup with Chozo Ghosts, later on in the MMP track series. You can search through these forums for my song checklist, and I'll be sure to add Hive Mecha and Chozo Ghosts if they're not already on it.
I once had been expecting it any month considering how popular it is, but this one should also be saved for late in Metroid Metal Prime, preferrably if Stemage has no other tracks to energize.
I was thinking they would do an Energy Guardians medley (Amorbis, Chykka, Quadraxis, and Emperor Ing [both tree and mutated]), and while my idea would get the job done on Metroid Metal Echoes quicker, your idea may have more merit: the five Dark Aether tracks could only work well, as I know it, if your idea was used.

Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:08 am

This is one of those times where the font colors come in handy. Your ideas are a bit different than mine, but I respect them.
I was thinking Hive Mecha had some good potential for a Metroid Metal Prime track, possibly in a mashup with Chozo Ghosts, later on in the MMP track series. You can search through these forums for my song checklist, and I'll be sure to add Hive Mecha and Chozo Ghosts if they're not already on it.
I once had been expecting it any month considering how popular it is, but this one should also be saved for late in Metroid Metal Prime, preferrably if Stemage has no other tracks to energize.
I was thinking they would do an Energy Guardians medley (Amorbis, Chykka, Quadraxis, and Emperor Ing [both tree and mutated]), and while my idea would get the job done on Metroid Metal Echoes quicker, your idea may have more merit: the five Dark Aether tracks could only work well, as I know it, if your idea was used.

After listening to the both emperor ing tracks again, I think I agree with you partly. While a medley of all the boss themes from echoes, to me, seems like it would be too full of different themes, I think a medley of both emperor themes would work nicely together. They both have the same feel and style (though the mutated is more metroid-y and upbeat while the first theme is darker and heavier) and would transition almost perfectly since, they already do just that in the game itself.

Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:10 pm

Post Re: The Metroid Metal song suggestion thread
a really good song to metalize is the metroid hatchling from metroid 2 return of samus

Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:20 am
Profile WWW

gently, are you talking about the "Escape" theme? Like, after eliminating the Metroid Queen, the hatchling appears, and it helps you escape from SR388?

Also, I'm still hoping for...either Opening Theme/Sector 1 to establish Metroid Metal Fusion, or Four Hunters. By the way, Should I expect something in March 2010, June '010 or somewhere in between?

Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:23 pm

Post Re:
Lazarah wrote:

I actually think this is a great idea. Incorporate the Dark themes which are for the most part otherwise worthless and give the bosses each their own song. Although like Lazarah said, it would take longer I feel that each boss song is too complicated for one boss medley. (although I do not doubt Stemage's awesome powers of awesomeness. I bet he could still pull it off) They aren't like the 1-2 minute repeating song like super metroid. These songs have a much more substantial melody and such.

Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:27 pm

i wouldnt mind hearing a metroid metal remix of sanctuary fortress from prime 2 that would be awesome.

Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:26 pm

I think metroid prime battle them, dark samus battle theme, and the theme for battling the biggass sheegoth in prime 1 would be chock full 'o more awesome than your pancreas has room for, but the assploided pancreas would totaly be worth the sonic eargasm. :-D

Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:56 pm

Post Re:
5ky1ar wrote:
I think A Rundas/MP3 Boss Mix would be interesting. Along with some songs from Metroid Prime 2. I can't thin of much at the moment, I'm very sleepy...

Hell Yeah I think the chykka boss battle has a melody they could start off with the larva and the the adult thaat would be awesome :cool:

Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:40 am
Profile WWW

i must say, stemage, i freakin love your Corruption Theme/Bryyo remix. its got like 20 bazillion tons of whoopass contained within it.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:02 pm

I've been speculating, and limiting one per game, these songs I believe have the best chances of being the 26th track...

Title Theme (Return of Samus)
Prelude/Sector 1 (Fusion)
Tallon Rainforest, both tunes mashed up (Prime 1)
Title/Menu theme (Echoes)
Elysia/SkyTown (Corruption)

Later, as DuckOfDoom points blame at me for "ruining it", a question mark appears above my head.

Last edited by Golem905 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:37 pm

Now that you've said it, it's not going to be any of those. You've ruined it for everyone.

Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:43 pm
Profile WWW

We're doing them all in one huge epic Golemedley

Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:23 pm
Profile WWW

I'm definitely in favor of something from Fusion, as others have suggested. I really like the SA-X theme myself, although it is a little on the short side, it really brought atmosphere to the game, hearing it walk in, slowly, and then boom, it spots you and the music explodes! Sector 1 has been mentionned a lot as well and is definitely a stand-out track from that game. Otherwise, being that the best soundtrack has more or less been completed (I of course refer to SM, although as a sidenote, if Stemage has less time for a new song at some point, the SM item collect fanfare would be a kool addition) anything from Prime 1 is pretty much garanteed to rock. Whatever it is, I can't wait to hear it! :metroidanim:

Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:37 pm

well, he's making another can o' musical whoopass, and that's what counts.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:55 pm
The Certile Frescent
The Certile Frescent

Zalamax wrote:
well, he's making another can o' musical whoopass, and that's what counts.

Your username sounds like it's supposed to soothe acid reflux or something.

Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:56 pm

Well, I just got Prime Trilogy; *happy face*; and I think that the Trilogy menu theme should be metalized.
Also, Sector 1, Quadraxis, and Sactuary fortress sound good.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:44 am
Profile WWW

FINAL COUNTDOWN METAL

Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:35 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 295 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next