Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 342 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Mass Effect 3 

Post Re: Mass Effect 3
The final priority mission can be beaten in 15-25 minutes if you skip past all the skippable enemies.

I'm very anxious for the Extended Cut. This is BioWare's reputation on the line here.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:59 am
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

I think I'm kind of with hobo there. I doubt I'll bother running through my actual game again just to see this... I'll just watch this junk on youtube.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:32 am
Profile WWW

I have a great attachment to my characters. I must see how the endings are tailored for them, if at all.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:22 am

I still have Shepards to run with, so I'll see it eventually.

Lets make like a dick and wrap it up.
The irony.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:56 am
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Early this morning I finally beat Mass Effect 3. I'm glad I was able to avoid spoilers for that long. Man, this has been my favorite game series of all time, hands down. It's been a hell of a ride. Begin spoilers. So I'm pretty sure this is my favorite of the three, although the first game is pretty much tied because of nostalgia and also the exploration/rpg elements. ME3 was pretty much perfect the whole way through. I was very emotionally involved the entire time, and I definitely felt it when Mordin died, and especially when Thane died, I felt like I wanted to cry. They both went out in such epic ways, especially Mordin. I think that scene may be the best in the game, or my favorite at least. "It had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong."

I really felt like I was rallying an entire galaxy, fighting off incredible odds. I was able to get both the Turians and Krogans, Geth and Quarians, the Asari, and some Salarian support. I also got all three mercenary companies and some other alien support. After being so immersed in the game world in the previous two games, I really loved that in 3 we get to see all the major homeworlds for the first time, Palaven, Thessia, Sur'Kesh, and of course, Earth. The best part of all was seeing all the characters from 1 and 2 again. It felt like they really had an important role in helping me save the galaxy, and I got to know them even better. Which made it that much harder to say goodbye in the end.

Here's what disappointed me, however. I did all the sidequests, and scanned all sectors in the galaxy to 100%. Yet because I don't have xbox live ($60 a year) my galactic readiness was unmovable at 50%. So my effective military strength was far less than it should have been. The best I could get it was 3400 with full completion. And why I don't want to activate xbox live gold on my account is because my account can't sign on, as it got hacked a couple years back. So in order to preserve my save files from the previous two games (which are associated with the hacked gamertag), which is the whole point of Mass Effect, I need to forgo xbox live, which thanks to EA keeps me from getting the best possible ending, contrary to what Bioware promised.

And the much talked about ending... I don't hate it... I just don't quite understand it. The indoctrination theory has some merit, but I'm not sold yet. Also, what's up with the Normandy fleeing... nothing no one hasn't already brought up. I have yet to play the extended cut. But the ending as is is ok. It has the feel of both the Matrix 3 (bad) and Arthur C. Clarke's "Childhood's End" (good). It's a dark, vast, story, and I didn't really expect it to be happy. This:
Nick wrote:
Like I said earlier, I think it would've been a disservice to the magnitude of the conflict in the story if we could just win and remain unchanged.
I agree. If after the final battle everything was just back to normal it would cheapen the whole thing. But I still don't get it 100%.

Despite all of that, the game leading up to that point was so masterfully crafted and really got me emotionally involved, I give it a 10/10. Which, as someone said, doesn't mean perfect, it just means it's now the game to beat in that genre.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:41 am

Having recently sold my Xbox I decided to just watch the new endings. I can tell you that they do fill in all the questions, without killing the mystery. I pretty much agree with you on the "Unfinished" ending though. It wasn't bad, it was just weird and misleading.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:32 pm
Profile WWW

Did anyone purchase the new Leviathan single player DLC? Even if you didn't, there are vids of the whole thing on youtube.

The whole thing is based on a reference to some lore you'd find only if you scanned a particular planet in either ME1 or ME2.

You get a lot of dialogue that refers to things said by the Catalyst, like how he turned on his creators

And you get to meet and talk to one of the actual beings that the Reapers are based on.

All in all, it looks like a nice bit of content.

(quick two cents on the endings, original vs. extended, original were horrible, not nearly enough info, too inconsistent. EC are much better but still contain a lot of the same problems. )

Oh, and multiplayer is still pretty damn fun.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:20 am

I'm yet to pick it up. Probably should though.

Lets make like a dick and wrap it up.
The irony.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:48 am

Played through the DLC last night. It's good, but it ultimately just adds a war asset, tagged along with history on the Reapers.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:08 am

I haven't played the DLC or the new ending yet. I think if anything I'll do what I did with ME2 - wait until all the DLC is out then play through it (and the Extended ending) all at once. Then again, I don't really feel like I want to - ME3 closed the book (regardless of how well people thought that was done) and I just don't have the same urge to jump back in and play more like I did with ME2.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:21 pm
Profile WWW

hobo, if for nothing else, do it for the greatly improved combat. It's so much faster and fluid that it's almost painful to go back and play the earlier games now.

Also, there's some rumors floating around on the Bioware boards that the next multiplayer DLC will add the Collectors as a new enemy as well adding new units for the others.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:43 am

Oh, I've already beaten ME3, I'm talking specifically about the DLC and new ending.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:39 am
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 342 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12