Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 342 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Mass Effect 3 
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Post Re: Mass Effect 3
The game started off rough, I wasn't liking it early on too much.
Lack of music in a lot of area's in this one was awkward, got over it after awhile though. Don't notice it now.
The dream sequences are dumb. Thankfully haven't seen many of them.
The quest log is AWFUL, but this series never really excelled in its menu designs anyways. Just wish this thing was better...
20 hours later, this is the best trilogy and series this gen to me probably.
It's been quite the ride. I've got my nitpicks, the series has changed overtime, but you know what? It's still amazing. In comparison to most games this gen... well, there just is no comparison. The scope and detail of this game seriously just makes so many developers look super lazy to me. This game is real.

ME2 feels a little empty whenever I look back on it, strip away the crew character development, and the game didn't have a whole lot of story and stuff going for it... but ME3 on the other hand feels completely massive in comparison, there is so much going on, so many characters, so much everything. In a weird sense, the game feels so much bigger. Also -very- glad they ditched the weapon limitations and went with this free/weight setup, that was definitely one of the dumbest things about ME2. In ME2's defense overall, it was the middle game setting things up for this one, but yeah overall I think ME3 is a massive improvement in every single way. ME1 was still more hardcore Bioware RPG stuff, more mysterious and adventurous so I'll love it for that, but ME3 is just balls to the wall fun.

One of my favorite new additions is that the crew members move around on the ship and also appear all over the Citadel throughout the game. So glad the Citadel is bigger again too. Wish there wasn't so many small broken up area's, but yeah. There's more to it than ME2's showcasing, so that's a good thing. I also haven't gone back and compared any scene or anything, but the dialogue with crew members during missions feels so ... dynamic, it seems like the dialogue could be so much different depending on who you bring with you for stuff. So that'll make replays even better I can imagine.

Haven't touched the official multiplayer yet, but the way it ties into the plot makes so much sense. Good job on that one. You're fighting battles in the war while you know Shepard is out there running around saving the world.

I miss Kelly but Traynor rocks! Almost tempted me to be unfaithful!... next replay!

EDI and Joker are too awesome. Love what that's become.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:10 am
Profile WWW

Beat it. Not sure how I feel about the ending just yet.

Lets make like a dick and wrap it up.
The irony.

Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:30 pm

Lots of people saying they don't like the way it ended, I can't really see why they wouldn't.

Talking to the catalyst was a little weird, But only because it looked like a human child. The way they imposed the choice was a little weird, would have been cool if your decisions changed what ending you got. Also, thinking about the fleets that were fighting when it ended I wonder if the other races will make it home at any point seeing as how they kind of lost all the mass relays because I jumped in the beam.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:21 am
Profile WWW
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

^ About that, the idea of "synthesis" the catalyst talked about lead me to believe that the survivors of the war would still be able use their technology, and possibly create their own Mass Relays (or something that would serve the same purpose).

Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:12 am

Brand new game, people already finishing it, shite ending... you guys got hosed :laughy:

|Twitter|

Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:47 am

Beat the game last night. I was actually neutral to the ending, and then this article slapped me in the face. In fact, it's so spoilerific, that I'm even going to tag the link itself in spoiler tags:

http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect-3-ending-hatred-5-reasons-the-fans-are-right/

This article proves that there are inaccuracies in ME3's ending, and yes, it goes into every lick of detail you could ever dream, so don't read it unless you've already beaten the game--yes, you, person who may have not beaten the game but are reading this anyways.

Wow. The ending suddenly makes no sense.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:12 am
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

You guys need to read this:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995452-mass-effect-3/62198932

http://social.bioware.com//uploads_user ... 189438.jpg - nightmare trees.

Once Shepard is hit by the beam, it's all part of a nightmare / being indoctrinated. Think about it, everything after that, makes no sense at all. Intentional? This still doesn't quite excuse the fact that if this is canon, then they didn't give us the real complete ending and we have to wait for it.

The ending could be, perhaps the most brilliant thing ever, or the worst ending ever, or the entire internet over-analyzing everything.

But so many things with this theory connect, all the way back to allusions with Saren / ME1.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:01 am
Profile WWW

I felt that there were lots of questions that weren't answered. I was also a little upset that Harbinger didn't once taunt you through the entire game. I was expecting that.

I'm going to replay it a few times before I come to any conclusions about how I feel. Not letting the rabid masses of the Internet sway me.

The irony.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:20 am
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Perhaps Harbinger was taunting Shepard in his dreams. Shepard perhaps saw him as the vent boy because that's what Shepard wanted to see at the end, but that's not Harbinger's true form. Shepard's been exposed to the Reapers a lot, has Reaper tech within him, etc, something was bound to happen, unless for some reason he's immune.

So I still like the idea that it's all indoctrination towards the end, and we have to wait for the real ending via free DLC.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:37 am
Profile WWW
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

ENDING SPOILERS, don't click or hover but here is a good page going down the theory.

Surprised Nario's not all over this.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:36 pm
Profile WWW

I have to say, without a doubt my favorite scene wasn't even during a mission. After Thessia, seeing Tali piss-drunk in the lounge aboard the Normandy, listening to her call Miranda a bitch, I just lost it.

The irony.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:01 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Did you romance Tali? If not did you see her and... towards the end? Haha.

That part was awesome too though. Loved the humor in this one.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:40 pm
Profile WWW

I did romance her, she's just too adorable not too. Are you referring to the part where her and Garrus are speaking in the main battery?

The irony.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:02 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Yeah. :lol:

Guess you heard? I was thinking that scene wouldn't be there if you romanced her.

I went with Liara myself... but man, Tali's always been too cute haha. Traynor was tempting too.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:34 pm
Profile WWW

I didn't know they were an item, I just guessed because I remember seeing them talking together there. Guess I have something to look forward too now on my FemSheps. And maybe Traynor since she bats for the other team. I might try to romance Cortez in a future Shepard, just because I can.

The irony.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:52 pm

Xeogred wrote:
Surprised Nario's not all over this.

Oh, I am, it's just been mostly mental. The ending has affected me so much that I've been mostly quiet about it. I've posted once or twice about it on MM, The Shizz, and Facebook... and that's it.

I honestly think BioWare has something up their sleeves, that the ending isn't as bad as we think it is. I believe in them.

Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:13 am
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

I'm not saying the ending is particularly good, but I don't see how they could've done a whole lot better. I would've been really stoked if there was just a final knock-down naval battle over Earth which could be decided by your total War Assets, but they've always made a point in game of affirming that the Reapers simply could not be bested by conventional means. Even though the developers promised "no Reaper off-button", there doesn't seem to be any other solution that could fit within the "sandbox". I think it would've been a disservice to the magnitude of the conflict in the story if we could just win and remain unchanged.

Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:17 am

Apparently there were four potential paths at the end when you spoke with the Catalyst. I need to inquire about this further.

The irony.

Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:59 am
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Interesting... can you shoot the kid, AKA probably the Harbinger or something? Also, really though dudes, did you do a double take when you noticed the colors were switched? TIM's "Control" option was paragon blue, Anderson's "Destroy" (probably the GOOD ending) was renegade red. That was pretty weird to me when I played it.

Anyways, Bioware is listening. I can see people being upset about this, not having the full game maybe being the argument (and hopefully we don't have paid Real End DLC ahead or something)... but other than that argument, if this is really what happens I think it's a win. It's the fans creating the ending(s) for the series. I think that's pretty awesome. So far, I think the theory I've been posting about seems to be the biggest one, and I'd be more than satisfied if that was it and they expanded upon it.

It seems really ballsy for someone under EA's wing and all, but man, that'd be so amazing if this is kind of what happens. We write the ending.

Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:32 pm
Profile WWW

Xeogred wrote:
You guys need to read this:

Okay, so going back to this for a moment, are you referring to the part AFTER Shepard and the team got wiped out by Harbinger's(?) giant red laser of death? Before Shepard went up into the Citadel? I don't recall seeing the nightmare trees, but I do want to replay the ending again at some point soon.

The irony.

Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:55 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

I posted an image that has the tree's in that part in the same post above, so yeah. But there's some suggesting that Shepard was still conscious at that point, and loses it after him and Anderson are sitting down after TIM went down. It admittedly does get even goofier at this point, when Shepard then rides the space elevator to heaven, etc. It could be Bioware lacking realistic detail here, but it is odd that Anderson tells you he's "behind you" when you first reach the Citadel, yet he's the first one to reach that final chamber... and that hallway you were following was the only straight line to get there. It also doesn't add up at all, how after being hit by the beam, where's your crew? And Joker risked his life saving Shepard before, he wouldn't leave him behind without knowing for sure, and it's just odd seeing your crew aboard the Normandy at the end (even someone who might have been in your party).

Also, here's the supposed 4th / perfect ending.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:36 pm
Profile WWW
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Or not.

I am going Super Saiyan. Me mad.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:47 pm
Profile WWW

More ENDING SPOILERS:

Dead men tell no tales: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H_A7SeawU4

This guy NAILED IT.

And yeah, I know you can see the link in that spoiler box. Pretend you can't.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:33 am

I still don't see why so many people are upset over this. I've run all the issues they bring up and I still like the ending just the same.

"It felt too rushed" Cut's need to be made, happens to movies all the time, happened to Star Wars episode three, happened to Alien, and it happened to Mass Effect. I'm cool with that, as they had the major structure for the end from the get go, so I know it was planned to be like this for a long time.

"[detail] didn't make sense/was confusing" Then you either missed something in the story, or you just don't want it to make sense because you're stubborn. Everything was a little weird like I said, but so was the conversation with sovereign and the collectors in their entirety, sorry Mass Effect is just weird.

"I want to know what happens to everybody/everything" BioWare wanted you to imagine something here. Put a few pieces there yourself without being prompted to by the almighty chat wheel. After they crash land I figure Liara had little blue babies, and Joker got it on with EDI, Life is clearly still around over a hundred years later as the after credits tells us that pretty blatantly. In my mind it took time, but they rebuilt the network, I'm going to assume they found a way to make something akin to the mass relays, I mean the Prothiens ended up making three of them, why not the rest of galactic civilization.

"It wasn't happy/I didn't get to feel like I won." This isn't said as often as I'm implying, but I know for a fact that it's what is on most peoples minds. They felt so connected to their save file that the prospect of having to be a little sad after "winning" is literally ruining people. I feel that this means that the end is doing it's job, go BioWare.

I think the more I hear other people not liking it, the more I like it. Sucker that I am for things that try to do it a little differently.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:09 am
Profile WWW
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Read a good novel.
Rip out the last 30 or so pages, then read the last page.

I think the sums up how it feels.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:48 am
Profile WWW

junkBOYEE wrote:
you just don't want it to make sense

Screw you too. I actually liked the ending at first, and then I analyzed it.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:35 pm

I've analyzed it as well, I just like the way it comes to an end. I'm perfectly okay with "to each their own," I'm just really confused as to why people are so upset about this, weather or not you like it is up to you.

No offense was intended from my post.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Profile WWW

junkBOYEE wrote:
No offense was intended from my post.

I retract my comment then. I thought you were telling me to personally screw off, because I am quite stubborn in my opinion that the current ending sucks. Of course, I'd also like to think that it's actually a PR stunt, but we'll see.

http://kotaku.com/5894186/mass-effects- ... gs-closure

Casey Hudson promises that a better ending is in the works.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:15 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

I loved the game enough that the lack of a decent ending couldn't f**k it up for me. I mean, I'd have loved to have been indulged with sunshine and rainbows at the end of a full-on Paragon career. But my philosophy (in real life) is such that I believe that the "good life" is its own reward. I don't need my choices to be validated by the carrot at the end of the stick.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:50 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz8_j-eb ... re=channel

Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:36 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 342 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next