[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Metroid Metal - View topic - Chips Of Gaming

Chips Of Gaming 

Post Chips Of Gaming
EPISODE 1 -
EPISODE 2 -
EPISODE 3 - ...coming soon? Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

---

In my dance pad thread, I announced that I'd be giving dance pad games a break and that I'd start up a new series, Chips Of Gaming, where I'd review video games and other things instead.

Months later, I have finally finished my first review: for Shadow The Hedgehog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3MIh_ymlnA

All feedback is welcome. :) Thanks.

Last edited by Nario on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:15 pm

Post Re: Chips Of Gaming
Great job!

Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:36 pm
Profile WWW

I thought that it was good, and I am sure that with additional experience making these that your editing will get even better.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:21 am
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

"Theme Song By Nick Hagman"

Like a boss!

I agree with one of the comments, spruce up the video a bit more with gameplay segments and don't keep the camera strictly on you as much. Great stuff though dude! A good start I'd say, looking forward to more.

Also the first time I think I've ever seen Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog gameplay... yeah, I'll keep my distance.

Dude, do some epic reviews on the Xenosaga games someday. :cool:

Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:52 am
Profile WWW

Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:45 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

I can see how the eye contact thing could be awkward on both fronts, haha. It did at times look like you were almost purely reading off some teleprompter below or something though. lol

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:23 am
Profile WWW

Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:26 am

Well actually you've got A LOT of stuff to fix. First at all, you need to get the stuff ready a bit before. It seems like you're mostly doing improvisation.
Most of the time, you just plain say "It sucks" without giving reason. You give no arguments.
You're also giving most of the time videogames extracts that do not show precisely the problem you're pointing out. Try to choose better ones.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:16 pm

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:31 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

I'm gonna go against Metalink just a tad here and say for me personally when it comes to watching youtube channels like this or whatnot, actual arguments or really valid points are often the last thing I look for. Rather it's the character these kind of people play, or how well put together their videos are, their style... and things like that, that pulls me in most... I want to be entertained, not really informed, to an extent. That's not to say valid and good arguments will hurt video reviews and such, but yeah. Like look at AVGN, how often does he even play anything that looks good? So it goes without saying 99% of the time when you watch his stuff, you know that game is gonna be pure ass. But his videos are usually fun, decently written, and entertaining to watch.

But I guess it depends on what you want to do, have fun with this or take it a little more seriously legitimately reviewing games good or bad.

That and I kind of have no idea what I'm saying here. Just woke up from a long nap!

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:52 pm
Profile WWW

Yeah, I like AVGN's character too. He just puts up with so many bad games!

Me, however, I'm just going to review whatever I feel like. At the end of the Shadow the Hedgehog review, I said that the next game I am going to review is , which means that I'm not reviewing a bad game. Yes, I really like that game, and I'm not only reviewing games that make me pull my hairs out... although it is fun to talk about them. :)

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:03 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Can we make review requests? I vote for Keystone Cops for the Atari 2600. :laughy:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:04 pm
Profile ICQ
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

SORRY XENOSAGA (ALL OF THEM) IS ALREADY AT THE TOP OF THE QUEUE!

Haha. But seriously, those games need some love.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:36 pm
Profile WWW

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:43 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:09 am
Profile ICQ

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:36 am

Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:12 am

TROLLOLOL

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:15 pm
Profile WWW

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:12 am

Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:00 pm

Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:08 pm

I didn't mean for this to take eight months, but

I FINALLY reviewed Final Fantasy IX!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVcZ9nU9ccg

Please let me know what you all think of it!

Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:21 pm