A Mighty F Bomb. 

Post A Mighty F Bomb.
Introductions? Right. I'm Eyeswide. Salutation, greetings and ahoy. I've been a bit of a lurker for a few years.
First post, yay. Topic starter, boo. The site seems a bit... Dry, I'm pretty sure everything their is to say about metroid has already been made a topic and rehashed until horrendous diarrhea, so logically, this seems like the best place to spark a conversation.

I'm sure everyone knows about Inafune leaving Capcom, Mega Man being doomed to eternal cameo appearences and such. However, here the story gets so much richer and more delicious than the most decadent piece of red velvet cake that you know you can't eat at 400 calories per square inch. Presenting Inafune's spiritual successor to the blue bomber, like a middle finger made of solid gold with all the divinity of an atom bomb impacted into Capcom's jaw.

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/1714 ... er-launch/

Needing fan fundage initially made this look like a desperate measure to recapture the past. But it's a past people seem to want to see make a return. It made its initial goals almost immediately, and is quickly closing the gap for stretch goals. Oi, but if it isn't a slap in the face, PC DL only... For now. Not my cup of tea, but with the promise of exceeding the stretch goals, a physical copy is not outside the realm of possibility. Especially with a name like Inafune fathering the title.
If nothing else, from what I can find, it looks good while maintaining nostalgia as addictive as cocaine. And the circumstances revolving around development and support are heartwarming in itself. Like watching the son of a doped up prostitute (Aka Mega Man) grow beyond the confines of a cardboard box behind a 7-11 and aspiring to make the next greatest leap in the medical field.

Thoughts, if any?

"No. Vente is twenty, large is large. Yeah. In fact, tall means large and grande is Spanish for large. Vente is the only one that doesn't mean large. It's also the only one that's Italian. Congratulations, you're stupid in three languages."

Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:45 pm

Post Re: A Mighty F Bomb.
The boards are kind of a ghost town lately, but welcome aboard. I imagine that we all check in on the boards, but they're just not as active as they used to be.

Anyway, on topic, I am counted among those backers. I just got an email update that says they're re-prioritizing their stretch goals to make a console port more likely.

That email I just got wrote:
The Mighty Masses have spoken, and with one voice you shouted: CONSOLES!

OK, well actually you shouted a few different console names, but we digress... The point is, you all made it perfectly clear you have a Mighty urge to play Mighty No. 9 on systems other than just your PC/Mac/Linux box! You want to experience this genre the way you remember: sitting on the floor, looking up at your 17" tube TV, Capri Sun at the…wait. OK, maybe not exactly as you remember it, but close enough: nice and comfy, on your couch, playing on your full TV setup. (Those of us not lucky enough to have a nice PC-to-TV setup, at least!)

Of course, it's no surprise our backers would request Mighty No. 9 for console systems -- they are the traditional home for this genre, after all -- but what we weren't prepared for was the intense, consistent, all-consuming passion you did it with! We realized the other stretch goals we had planned would be more welcome after this overriding priority, where they wouldn’t pale so much in comparison.

And that's why we’re happy to announce that, because of your feedback, we are officially pushing back the unannounced "???" goals in order to move the making-of documentary $250K closer, and yes -- the PS3/360/Wii U versions of the game $300K closer as well! :D As for the tiers that follow, we're currently revisiting our longer-term stretch goal plan based on this big change as well as other ideas we had (and of course, your feedback).

Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:37 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: A Mighty F Bomb.
I guess people still use the devroom for MML3. A few members want Capcom to mimic the kickstarter success of Mighty number 9. Seems a rather dull proposition that won't hold any ground. I'm sure Capcom isn't kicking themselves just yet. But I'd like to believe they are feeling a little uneasy.

"No. Vente is twenty, large is large. Yeah. In fact, tall means large and grande is Spanish for large. Vente is the only one that doesn't mean large. It's also the only one that's Italian. Congratulations, you're stupid in three languages."

Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:11 pm