What we played 2013 

Post What we played 2013
I thought this could be an interesting companion to the What Are You Currently Playing thread.

For the last two years I have kept a record of the games I have played. The 2013 list reads thus:

Far Cry 2 (PC)
Lego Lord of the Rings (3DS)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PC)
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (3DS)
Super Monkey Ball 2 (Gamecube)
Limbo (PC)
The Walking Dead Season 1 (PC)
Half-Life 2 (PC)
Half-Life 2: Episode 1 (PC)
Half-Life 2: Episode 2 (PC)
Audiosurf (PC)
Portal (PC)
Botanicula (PC)

I think that is the most I have ever played in a year.

What I do is add a game to the list when I start it. I tend to play games to completion, or, rarely, to giving up on completely never to return. Super Monkey Ball 2 is the exception in this list as I put it down years back when I went travelling and only recently pulled the ol' 'Cube out again to finish it. (Still have some games I'm yet to start on that system actually. Maybe they will appear in this year's list.)

It's interesting to look at my playing habits and it would be interesting to see others' as well. I reckon it's a neat way to look back, be reminded of stuff you missed and for gaming stories to emerge and be shared. For instance, why did I play Lego Lord of the Rings on 3DS of all the places it was available? A dear friend gave me the game for Christmas 2012, I think not realising that it was the 3DS version, not DS. This person was so genuine it broke my heart, so I bought a 3DS XL to play it on. One of my housemates then played through it as well :) and I went on to receive Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D from my housemates who knew of my delight in all (well, most) things DK. I'm still playing through mirror mode. It is also, I believe, the first time I have played a game the year it was released. So, a cool story.

You may be hard pressed to make fully accurate lists, but do what you can. And start making one for this year, to be reminisced over in 2015.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:18 am
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Post Re: What we played 2013
I started up Minecraft again last year for a good bit with the MystCraft mod. Writing your own Ages was loads of fun. What else...

Serious Sam 3
Counter-Strike GO
Waking Mars
Bit.Trip Runner 2
Duke Nukem 3D

Probably the most played.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:58 pm