Xenoblade 
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Post Xenoblade
So anyone pick this up? Talk about boners! Loving it so far. It's so overwhelming at first, but in a weird awesome way. So much to this game it's insane. The music is incredible, story and characters seem good (so far Shulk or whatever seems a lot better than Shion, for Nario here since I doubt anyone else liked Xenosaga... lol), and wow the graphics are insane for the Wii. I love how it looks a bit like FFXIII, but in this case, you can actually go everywhere.

It's basically amazing and I can't believe I might be having more fun playing it than Skyward Sword. Glad I got a Wii again.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:08 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Xenoblade
Picked it up on release day. Sorry I haven't talked much about it! I haven't had much time to play it, but what I've seen of it so far looks really cool! The first 20 minutes blew me away, for sure.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:39 am

I was waiting for payday to pick this up. Sucks you have to set foot in a gamestop to get one. That's going to break my 2-3 year streak of not setting foot in a gamestop. Oh, well. After re-playing FFIX I have a real hankerin' for a good JRPG.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:26 am
Profile WWW
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Worth noting it's apparently available on Gamefly now.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:33 pm
Profile WWW

Gamestop exclusive? Now that is just lame. My excitement level went from 10 to 2... :(

|Twitter|

Last edited by Bry-Master-3k on Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:55 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Gamestop AND Nintendo, and like I mentioned a post above it's on Gamefly now apparently.

Don't let a retailer keep you away from this one!

Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:46 am
Profile WWW

Yes, it may be time for me to do a week trial on the free free and check the game out. Unfortunately I don't have anything but a Wii therefore I feel like a real subscription would be wasted. I haven't heard much about their PC service yet, but I assume it is something like what other digital distribution systems have used.

|Twitter|

Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:37 am

What in the hell is a "Gamestop exclusive?" When did that start happening?

Love and rock!

Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:55 pm
Profile WWW
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Gamestop struck a weird deal with Nintendo to sell the game. To be honest, it's kind of a good thing or else it'd pretty much be only available online through Nintendo directly.

That said, NoA still sucks a big one. I really give all the credit to NoE for us ever even getting this in the first place. The proof is just simply in the British dub, and the entire European script probably wasn't altered at all (lots of spellings like armour, learnt, etc in the game). So NoA literally did nothing but slap some NTSC code on it or something.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:00 pm
Profile WWW
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

So this game was pretty much amazing. Beat it, loved it, awesome. I think the characters (plot/personality wise) were better than Xenosaga, nobody here really irked me at times. And man did it get typical Tetsuya Takahashi crazy in the second half! Some of the final moments were just jaw dropping. Overall it's nowhere near the scope of Xenogears or Xenosaga, but still damn good stuff.

Also, hands down one of the best JRPG soundtracks ever. This challenges Chrono Cross, etc, and other legends in my book. Seriously, I'll be listening to this beast 10 years from now and beyond.

It inspired me to replay Xenosaga, since I've only finished III... haha. Making good progress on it. Which one was your favorite again Nario? Can't believe I only put in 20 hours into II with all your help and never finished it, lol. Glad you kept those videos up and I have your notes somewhere... I have unfinished business with it and will have to go through it completely someday. I think I cleared up to Labyrinthos... just, wow. I was right at the finish line it looks like. Maybe I can somehow jump back into my game and wrap it up, dunno.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:54 am
Profile WWW

Congrats, Xeogred! Xenoblade is so good. I think I poured around 160 hours into it before beating the game.

Xeogred wrote:
It inspired me to replay Xenosaga, since I've only finished III... haha. Making good progress on it. Which one was your favorite again Nario? Can't believe I only put in 20 hours into II with all your help and never finished it, lol. Glad you kept those videos up and I have your notes somewhere... I have unfinished business with it and will have to go through it completely someday. I think I cleared up to Labyrinthos... just, wow. I was right at the finish line it looks like. Maybe I can somehow jump back into my game and wrap it up, dunno.

Thoughts on Xenosaga: III (story's great, gameplay's great, music's overall good)>>>>>II (story's misrepresented, gameplay's mediocrely annoying-yet-misunderstood, music's great-yet-unfitting)>I (story's great, gameplay's very boring, and music's good but it hardly ever plays)

Labyrinthos, huh? Man, that's within four hours of beating the game!

Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:07 am
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Dang. Yeah I might go back to Xenoblade with the NG+. Do the enemies level up with you? That'd keep it interesting... but either way it'd be fun to run through again sometime. Think I only spent 80 hours on it myself, only... haha.

Yeah it's funny, I remember loving Xenosaga I, but after learning how to actually play Xenosaga II from your guides and everything... I think it's probably the better game. The pacing is better, I think that sums it up. I also never recall having issues in II-III where I'd die at some boss or something random (Great Joe) after hours worth of work or 10 cutscenes, but it happens in the first game. The insane lack of any BGM throughout 90% of it is probably my biggest complaint, and the music that's there is probably Mitsuda's weakest (I was comparing it to some of his Shadow Hearts work the other day, that stuff sounds amazing). I still like it a lot all around, but it's awkward around the edges. The lack of Jin is a big void too.

III is certainly the best though, up there with Xenogears I'd say.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:01 am
Profile WWW