Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6937 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 228, 229, 230, 231, 232  Next
 What are you currently playing? 

Post Re: What are you currently playing?
Just finished Bioshock Infinite. Holy crap. So good.

Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:27 pm

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. Like Bowser's Inside Story, but with crazy Luigi stuff. Which is to say, it's great.

Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:37 pm
Profile WWW

Glacioso wrote:
Did you like Metro 2033?

It's ok.

Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:37 am
Profile WWW
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

I'm currently playing a lot of both XCOMs. (Not counting spinoffs, a category into which I will also file this new fps)

The old X-COM game file I've had for a while, but left it in the early game, and picked it back up a few weeks ago. I was stuck in a terror mission in Buenos Aires, having cleared the entire map, there was one sectoid commander hiding out somewhere that kept mind-controlling one of my guys at a time, and occasionally killing the few remaining civilians with them. I can't cover the whole map with like the 5 guys I had left, so it was basically cat and mouse. I quit, looked on a forum or two, and people have apparently spent several hours, up to 12 in one case, in a single mission, looking for that one last alien. Another guy spent like 3900 turns, and I'd say 50-60 is a prohibitively long game. So, I didn't go back for a while, but I did today, and I finally found him within like 20 mins or so. I killed him, but then reloaded the recent save I had and captured him, remembering that doing so would unlock psionic powers. Also, the soldier who stunned him was a real badass, she had survived 2 fatal wounds, been unconscious, was healed and revived, the medic was immediately thereafter killed, and she in this weakened state went on to stun 3 aliens, including the commander. Stunning requires you to get to point blank range. This is just one of those crazy scenarios that can happen in this game that is far more deep than almost anything at the time, and most games today even. Soon after I finally got laser rifles for everyone and researched plasma.

The new XCOM is super fun too, more fun, on account of not being like chewing glass when it comes to the difficulty, but on the other hand is going to be a little less rewarding, at least on normal. But I needed a break. So I've got about the same amount of time in both games now (a couple hours of steam time on it is idling), and I just got the plasma sniper.

TLDR: I highly recommend both games.

edit: So, apparently if enough people preorder the XCOM fps "The Bureau", you get "Spec Ops: Why can't I hold all these Limes", and every XCOM game including the new Firaxis one, which is worth the price of admission alone. So, if you don't already have any of those game, and the fps turns out to be decent, that's a super good deal.
yo dawg i herd you liek edits: I guess the new XCOM thing isn't an fps anymore it's a 3rd person Mass Effect style combatter. Also, I made real money on steam today, $0.20 worth. And I immediately spent it on another card. So that's interesting.

Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:50 pm

Way late to the game, I know, but I just picked up Fall of Cybertron. I have been playing War for Cybertron off and on for a while now, but haven't finished. I tore through FoC in just a few sittings. LOVED IT. I want to finish the first one now. I respectfully request another, please, High Moon.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:06 pm
Profile WWW

I finished Deus Ex: Human Revolution last week and am quite satisfied. I made it without killing anyone except the bosses. I took my time and really explored the world, which I found quite rewarding. I was particularly impressed with how it was constructed to fit stuff that has happened since the original game into the storyline of the prequel, such as Montreal becoming an entertainment and tech centre and SARS and bird flu being biowarfare experiments hinted as being precursors to the Gray Death. It was also funny reading the stuff about the civil war in Australia, including a letter to Picus communications accusing them of biased coverage of the conflict from one John Howard - the name of a former prime minister of the country.

And this morning I finished Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D. At least I have completed all the levels with all the collectibles and have 100%, but DKC games usually do their more than 100% trick and there are spaces on the main screen to be filled with medals for speed running all the levels in normal and mirror modes. I don't think I'll be doing that. I had great fun with the game though and have really, truly, played a whole game in the year it came out for the first time I remember :cool:

Onwards!

Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:51 pm

Guys, you should really go play Gone Home right now. It's pretty good.

Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:27 pm
Profile WWW

I've added it to my list of New Games I Should Be Playing But Instead I'm Playing Saints Row: The Third Again.

Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:16 am
Profile WWW
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Duck Tales a-woo-oo!

Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:31 pm
Profile ICQ

The Moon tune! I must have heard about 15 remixes of that before I heard the original.

Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:36 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

I rarely enjoy retro-style games these days, but SteamWorld Dig is a really nice treat. It's very Metroid-ish, in that you can get lost by yourself down in the caverns, then go exploring and discover hidden and unique power-ups. Beyond that it's its own game entirely. The controls and animations are super tight. Music is awesome too.

Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:33 pm
Profile WWW

chunkstyle wrote:
Way late to the game, I know, but I just picked up Fall of Cybertron. I have been playing War for Cybertron off and on for a while now, but haven't finished. I tore through FoC in just a few sittings. LOVED IT. I want to finish the first one now. I respectfully request another, please, High Moon.

I enjoyed the first one as well.

Also Dishonored DLC...so damn good. I'm getting to the end of the Brigmore Witches, but I don't want it to end.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:37 am

LIMBO interested me for a while and I finally picked it up on the weekend. Normally when I buy a new game I install it to make sure it works and then it slots into the "to play" pile. However, once I made sure LIMBO worked the main screen was so intriguing I just started playing and blew through it. Great little game! Unnerving atmosphere, but great puzzles. I really did not want the boy to die, which made it really tense.

Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:49 pm

Saints Row IV: Ludicrously dumb, and brilliant. Make sure you played The Third first, because you'll need that context to get the most out of this.

Rayman Legends: The fact that Origins was so good (and actually sold) was crazy. Somehow, they've made an even better game, with more variety and even nicer visuals. And hell, they threw in 40 levels from Origins as unlockable bonuses too, just for good measure.

Castle of Illusion: Smartly, it's not an exact remake of the Mega Drive game. The level themes, story and soundtrack are the same, but the level layouts are different. It feels like a new game that takes the basic ideas and modernizes them. I'm enjoying it so far. And hey, I got the original game as a pre-order bonus on PSN, so that's cool.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:56 pm
Profile WWW

Just downloaded Outlast. s**t looks TERRIFYING. Playing it with vikingguitar for moral support. I don't see myself playing it for long sessions.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:27 pm
Profile WWW

YES, that game looks awesome. Definitely picking it up soon.

|Twitter|

Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:17 am

I gotta admit, I wasn't very impressed with the enemies from Outlast. I really get the feeling that they are scary simply because of the nervous tension of not being able to fight back. It DOES have good detail and atmosphere, which is a massive strong point. However, I'll have to say I rather enjoyed pnumbra and The SCP Foundation much more, and the only reason is because I played them first, and this genre gets very tired very fast. This one came a little late for me to honestly enjoy.

"No. Vente is twenty, large is large. Yeah. In fact, tall means large and grande is Spanish for large. Vente is the only one that doesn't mean large. It's also the only one that's Italian. Congratulations, you're stupid in three languages."

Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:30 pm

Rayman continues to be amazing. If you enjoy platformers even a little bit, you have to pick this up. Wii U seems to be the place to get it if you can, but the other versions are probably fine too.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:06 am
Profile WWW

Fez is kinda awesome. Glad I waited for it to be on PC.

Lets make like a dick and wrap it up.
The irony.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:23 pm

I picked up Rayman Legends today, finally. I got it for the Xbox since I don't have a Wii U even though I get begged for one a few times a week. Who would like to place bets on which happens first: I play one complete level OR Alex finishes the entire game. (Smart money is on the latter).

Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:51 pm
Profile WWW
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Bummer re: xbox insead of Wii U version. The Murphie mode on the pad is pretty special in MP.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:48 am
Profile ICQ

Six hours later and only 30% downloaded. Thanks, PSN, I guess I really didn't want to play GTA V today.

Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Profile WWW

re: What are you currently buying?

I just pulled the trigger on the 3DS XL/Zelda bundle. I had to preorder at Walmart since it was sold out on Amazon. Winter brings out the portable gamer in me. Something about cuddling in bed with a handheld system screams winter to me. And I'm a grownup and I can buy my own christmas presents whenever the f**k I want.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:29 pm
Profile WWW

I've been eying that same bundle too. Only problem is, I'm afraid it would go the way of my DS which has been completely co-opted by Alex. Actually, both kids have expressed interest in having a 3DS and that's expensive. Emily has been begging for Animal Crossing, and Alex has a list of games he wants to play. The 2DS is actually a pretty attractive option for them, but then my wife interjects that they spend too much time playing video games as it is, why do they need more? TRUE, SO I'LL JUST GET ONE FOR ME AND HIDE IT.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:16 pm
Profile WWW

I thought that was one of the best parts of being a dad. Our Dads had to hide their playboys and lock up their liquor - now our generation has to keep secret iPads and DSes away from their kids.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:51 pm
Profile WWW

Reliving Half-Life 2, on my own pc this time instead of a mate's. Picked up the full game and episodes for less than $5. I Burned through the main game and I'm a little ways into Episode 1. I'm enjoying the thrill ride. It's linear done right, for me. I never made it to Episode 2, so that will be coming up shortly.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:46 am

Doombot wrote:
I just pulled the trigger on the 3DS XL/Zelda bundle.

You're such a bad influence. I placed a little preorder of my own. My wife rolled her eyes and said, "well, Merry Christmas."

Indeed.

Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:14 pm
Profile WWW

I tell my wife that, as far as vices go, Video Games is pretty much the best case scenario.

Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:52 pm
Profile WWW

I really wish I'd held off on getting that Pokemon X/Y 3DS XL now.

Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:30 pm
Profile WWW

Finally got around to beating GTA V Story mode. I still have a bunch of side missions to wrap up (like the Bounties).

Somehow I predicted that Franklin would get a choice to kill Michael or Trevor. I thought it was very GTA-esque mechanic. I of course chose "option C" and I'm glad I f**king did.

Maybe it's cause I played it over the course of 2 months and not all in one week, but I felt like the story was a little less refined than GTA IV. Some characters needed more fleshing out, etc. Oh, and I wanted so many more heists! So. Many. More.

I needed a quick-save during those credits though. Holy s**t. 25 minutes!

Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:09 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6937 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 228, 229, 230, 231, 232  Next