Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 814 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next
 City Of Heroes / City of Villains 

Post City Of Heroes / City of Villains
I've been playing for a week now and this game fulfills every stupid fantasy I 've had since I learned to read. Well, maybe not everyone, but a lot of them. Anyone else here play?

The costume editor is so versatile that you can almost do anything, even make a Samus

Granted, not the greatest looking Samus, but the only one I've ever seen. I'll try to make a copy and upload it.

Last edited by alchemist on Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:55 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:04 pm

I've been playing since launch, but I'm tired of it now and haven't really been playing for the past week or so. I have a crap-ton of characters, most around level 10, and one character at level 19. Just like any MMO, it gets monotonous and you begin to question the time you're wasting after playing for awhile. Here's some shots of my characters:

Orange Julie (level 10):

M1A1 Abrams (level 19):

And a character I made just for the hell of it, 'Kiddo':

Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:19 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

In this case, I would have preferred a bit of thread-drilling to starting another identical topic. HOWEVER, I'll let you get away with it this time.:P

As for me, I'm on the Virtue server, and I have 2 chars a lvl 9 defender called Colonel Klunk, and a level 5 tanker called Frosty Foqqah.

Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:45 pm
Profile ICQ

In this case, I would have preferred a bit of thread-drilling to starting another identical topic. HOWEVER, I'll let you get away with it this time.:P

Yeah, because a thread called 'Damnit' should so obviously be recognizable as a City of Heroes thread.

Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:10 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

Sorry about not seeing the other thread. I didn't use the search function, I only checked titles of threads.

Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:07 pm

i was going to pick this game up last night, i had it in my hand, but i set it down.

Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:45 pm

I'd love to get this, but FFXI is consuming all my time.

One MMO is enough for me.

Lets make like a dick and wrap it up.
The irony.

Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:54 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

I may grab City of Heroes

Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:23 pm

you insult FFXI and then turn around and recomend Everquest? I find that very funny.

Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:32 pm
Profile WWW

Agreed. I never cared for EQ, but FFXI sucked me in.

The irony.

Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:33 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

EverQuest had end game content worth my time.
The recent changes to make the game more enjoyable have been incredible.

If your going even bother playing FFXI, at least try Linege 2, at least it LOOKs good.

Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:02 pm

Ok, I'm new here, but I'm NOT new to MMOs. There seems to be a huge mistake here:

EQ sucks. It sucks so much, I don't even know how people can become addicted to it. Have you ever tried to get GM support in that game?? Dude. Same with Lineage II. The player community is full of stupid, ten year old, punks. CoH as wasted the last two months of my life, and I'm just slowing down with it. Only so many "Kill 10 Vahzilok" missions I can take in one lifetime. I think I'm gonna pick up FFXI tomorrow. It may not be a phenominal game, but I'm loyal to the FF series, so I at least need to play the free 30 days.

Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:23 am
Profile WWW

How ANYONE gets addicted to ANY MMO, or any game for that matter, is beyond me. I mean, I'm the first to admit I spend a LOT of time in front of the computer, but I still have a f**king life!

For those of you tuning in: Its just a game!

Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:41 am
Profile ICQ

I play FFXI a lot, and I still have a social life. That game doesn't consume all my time like I've seen it do people in my various linkshells. Right now gameplay is slow for me because I'm trying to save up to buy a rather important scroll, and I refuse to continue to level my Red Mage until I have that scroll in my possesion.

And if you're one of those people who prefers graphics over quality, then you'd best be leaving. Now. Plus I also find it humerous that you say FFXI sucks, but yet you give you hard evidence to your cause. I would be most interested in hearing why Final Fantasy XI quote-unquote "sucks."

The irony.

Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:33 am
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

First its point and click, Didnt enjoy that iin shadowbane not going like it here.

The community in EQ has alot of dumbshits BUT not nearly close as FFXI. As much as i enjoy arguements ingame about how FFX was better then 2 US is beyond me and how Tactics really wasnt a true final fantasy ill pass.

I have met a ton of people in EverQuest that i have gamed together for years while in FFXI, i was unable to find a soul worth talking to.

Then by the time you actually finda group in that game, its there BED TIME.

Just the basics, no matter how many morons i meet in EQ i always meet mature people who arent f**king retards or bitch about online fees in games...

Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:58 am

do any of you stil play this game? because i picked it up.

theres me.

haha, he looks so stupid. he wields a katana.

Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:33 am

Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:44 am
Profile ICQ

i dont have a prefered server, i'll hit you up on msn sometime. once you become a sidekick or whatever are the missions different?

plus, my game has crashed on me a couple times already, and i lost my first character, good thing he wasnt even lvl 2 yet.

edit: heres my new one.

Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:57 am

I mostly play on Triumph. That is, when my computer works. My graphics card has been nothing but trouble. I've spent the better part of a year in safe mode and no one could fix it. stupid nvidia.

I've waiting for my new computer to arrive.

I've got a level 12 scrapper.

No pix, but think Guyver.

Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:09 am

i dont have a prefered server, i'll hit you up on msn sometime. once you become a sidekick or whatever are the missions different?

sidekicking allows a lower level character fight and gain XP at 4 levels higher. For example, when I was lvl7, I was sidekicked with a lvl 12, therefore I was fighting at lvl 11. Its a way of getting friends/teams together without a big worry about level differences.

The missions themselves are identical no matter what level you are, the only thing that maters is the level of the monsters are based on the level of the character who's mission the group/team is playing.

Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:52 pm
Profile ICQ

ah. that character is lvl 5 now, so i better watch out, i cannot die! or i will be in xp debt. :o

Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:12 pm

MMOs are pretty boring in general. Prime example being: Lineage 2. Wow, that game is so empty, and it took me a month to realize it! Also, CoH and L2 are both made by NCSoft. Who gets the better support? CoH, easily. Firstly, L2.... rude Chinese players who are part of a "company" that farm*1 adena constantly just to turn around on eBay and take the rich kid who's too lazy to get the money himself's real life money. Does NCSoft do anything about it? Nope. Secondly, the bots*2. Ohhhh the bots. Everywhere you turn, a bot is right there near you ready to KS*3 your mob*4. Strange thing is, any exploits uncovered are fixed almost immediately. Why are the bots or Chinese players not being banned? I honestly have no clue... hence why I posted the question in the first place :P .

BUT, this this thread's topic isn't "Post your rantings about Lineage 2 here." So I guess I'll shut up.

For you non MMO-savvy people who might read this thread, here are some definitions:
1: Farming - Should be pretty obvious, but this is when you do nothing but kill monster who are about 10 or more levels lower than you, just to rake in cash quickly.

2: Bot - A computer program designed to literally play the game for you. It will hunt monsters, pick up loot, rest, use magic, etc all for you, without you being there. It's the way to cheat without really cheating.

3: KS - Short for "Kill Steal," which obviously means to interrupt combat between a player and a monster by attacking the monster, therefore taking some of the experience, and in some cases, negate any possible drops/experience gain.

4: Mob - Another term for monster.

Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:35 pm

A friend of mine convinced me to buy this game, and so far I've been having a blast with it. I play a charavcter on the infinity server called BRAIN BLASTER!!!

Yes I know the name is campy, that's on purpose :P

He gets his mental powers from his helmet, which is of his own design.

Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:04 am
Profile WWW
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

I played this for a while and had a guy called Fuzzy Thrust. That seemed a bit frightening and I kept getting forced out of groups and left for dead in the middle of large mobs, so I went back and created Mr. MISTer. Yeah, I watch lots of ATHF.

"Howdy, villains! I'm Mr. MISTer! Watch your back, crime! When I get pissed... you get mist!"

Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:21 pm

I played this for a while and had a guy called Fuzzy Thrust. That seemed a bit frightening and I kept getting forced out of groups and left for dead in the middle of large mobs, so I went back and created Mr. MISTer. Yeah, I watch lots of ATHF.

"Howdy, villains! I'm Mr. MISTer! Watch your back, crime! When I get pissed... you get mist!"

I was really tempted to make The Drizzle :)

Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:56 pm
Profile WWW

yeah, my character is on virtue. maybe i'll start one on infinity just to play with someone i sorta know. haha.

a NEW character, i like this one more. he's a blaster.
10 pretend dollars to whoever can name who he's modeled after. :D

Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:36 am

10 pretend dollars to whoever can name who he's modeled after. :D

Freakazoid.

Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:31 pm

Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:12 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

hence the "10 pretend dollars". plus, not everyone remembers freakazoid.

Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:08 am

Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:46 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 814 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next