Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 814 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
 City Of Heroes / City of Villains 

Post Re: City Of Heroes / City of Villains
Quote:
Rumor I heard is that NCSoft is shutting down COH/V in an attempt to get more people to play their pet project Aion, which has supposedly been hemorrhaging money of late. Story goes that most of COH/V's profits along with a cut from GW/GW2's have been trying to shore up Aion, and because GW2 is "not selling to expectations" (even though the servers crashed twice during early start and launch due to the number of players involved...) they're axing Paragon Studios as 'punishment' upon the American playerbase.

So, anyone up for petitioning Best Korea to wipe NCSoft off the map?

Everything you just said makes no business sense and reeks of bulls**t.

EDIT: f**king page rollover.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:56 pm
Profile YIM

No, killing whole studios to punish a country for not buying a different game is a thing that happens all the time, and isn't a bunch of ludicrous bulls**t at all.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:19 pm
Profile WWW

Oh, yeah. You're right, hobo. Man, where would I be without you?

Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:45 pm
Profile YIM

Jonathan Keiko wrote:
Rumor I heard is that NCSoft is shutting down COH/V in an attempt to get more people to play their pet project Aion, which has supposedly been hemorrhaging money of late. Story goes that most of COH/V's profits along with a cut from GW/GW2's have been trying to shore up Aion, and because GW2 is "not selling to expectations" (even though the servers crashed twice during early start and launch due to the number of players involved...) they're axing Paragon Studios as 'punishment' upon the American playerbase.

So, anyone up for petitioning Best Korea to wipe NCSoft off the map?

Version that I heard from people who dug into NC Soft's numbers was that it was actually due to losses on other games, specifically Aion's poor showing. City of Heroes, while a consistent performer, isn't remotely close to bringing in the cash that their Asian games do, so to shore up their bottom line and offset the losses, they cut it.

I did hear that NC Soft is fed up with North America since its games aren't nearly as popular here as they are in Asia, so they've been ramping down their expenditures here, in other games too.

I've also heard that it's due to the game engine license being up for renewal. NC Soft either didn't want to renew it or Cryptic told them to get f**ked/ raised the license fee so that they wouldn't want to continue to pay it.

No actual evidence that makes sense and is verified. Basically, it f**king sucks and no one is really saying why it had to happen.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:40 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 814 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28