Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Diablo 3 
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Post Re: Diablo 3
Seriously, I don't want to imagine Act II on Hell. I finished it off on Nightmare with 4 people and one of the guys was in the 50's at the time...

Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:54 am
Profile WWW

I am barb soloing hell A2 at mid 40's... try different builds. You can't ignore proper defensive skills.

|Twitter|

Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:20 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

I ran act4 hell fir gold, shitz n giggles last night. First time since geting to inferno. Diablo went down like a sooky biatch.

Amazing what a handful of inferno gear will do for your toon.

Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:28 pm
Profile ICQ
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Bry-Master-3k wrote:
I am barb soloing hell A2 at mid 40's... try different builds. You can't ignore proper defensive skills.

Barb man... barb. lol

Do you use the AH?

I was trying to solo as much as I could on NM with my Demon Hunter... was fragile as heck. The fast mobs tore me up, there's decent crowd control but I feel like DH's are probably better support characters in the later levels. But then I went to the AH and Act 3-4 were easier than normal mode. lol, maybe Hell won't be too bad. I put it down once I got to it for now. Need a break and hopefully some good patches will hit.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:15 am
Profile WWW

Xeogred wrote:
I was trying to solo as much as I could on NM with my Demon Hunter... was fragile as heck. The fast mobs tore me up, there's decent crowd control but I feel like DH's are probably better support characters in the later levels. But then I went to the AH and Act 3-4 were easier than normal mode. lol, maybe Hell won't be too bad. I put it down once I got to it for now. Need a break and hopefully some good patches will hit.

What build are you running with? Abilities and gear stats?

I build Vit, resi and Dex. Having a bit of extra ias or int doesn't hurt at all, but with the upcoming nerf to ias I haven't been building as a major stat. I had very little trouble with NM, and didn't start to feel any pressure till hell. It's probably due to having friends through all of act two and three, though. My advice to you is just make sure your gear doesn't lag behind. Bad gear leads to frustrating times.

Also, this is my ability build. It has pretty much been the same, and I've only swapped out abilities for newer versions of them once they became available. Elemental arrows ball lighting rune and nether tentacles rune are very nice because they just go through the groups.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:46 am
Profile WWW

Yeah sometimes as a DH you have to sacrifice that sweet sweet DPS for some survivability.

|Twitter|

Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:15 am
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Bry-Master-3k wrote:
Yeah sometimes as a DH you have to sacrifice that sweet sweet DPS for some survivability.

Same with wiz. I drop 5k dmg for survival mode. Still doing enough to melt faces though.

Whimsyshire hell is farm central. I've been running with a friends staff, but i'll have mine upgraded after another night of gold farming if anyone wants phat lootz.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:39 pm
Profile ICQ

That reminds me Gemini, here is that link the the eHP calc I told you about.

http://rubensayshi.github.com/d3-ehp-calculator/#intro

Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:28 pm
Profile WWW
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

I think it was just my gear that was completely lagging behind. Wasn't getting good drops worth crap when I started NM. So I went to the AH afterwards and the rest is history... lol.

My setup was / is similar to that though. I usually go with Bola Shot and I like the Hand Crossbows for the speed, even though the crit is way better with normal crossbows and arrows. What do you guys prefer? For Elemental Arrow I still don't have the tentacles unlocked I think, so I use ice which is pretty amazing. Caltraps and Vault, also the Bat companion for awesome Hatred regen, and then... I think I'd switch out Cluster Arrow with other stuff off and on.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:14 pm
Profile WWW

Due to the major nerf of IAS I'd stick with one handed crossbows. Also, Nether Tentacles has been outed due to them limiting it to one hit per monster. I've moved back to the Ball Lightning rune.

I feel the biggest mistake Blizzard has made in this game so far was the reducing the drop amount and rate of gold. The new repair costs are more expensive then the gold you find in the average session, and act 2 hasn't been fixed at all. In other words, 300k gold goes away fast. It's pretty much not worth it at all to even attempt act 2 anymore due to this.

It feels like Blizzard is trying to FORCE a certain play style on us. They want players to hunt the rare spawns, they have even gone so far as to reduce the number that spawn in dungeons, making the five stacks of nephilem valor even harder to get and maintain. And making it so if we loose it, we can't just wait for the next floor to get us back to five, instead we have to start from the beginning of the dungeon. It just feels like a hassle now, and it's really helping deter me from wanting to try and push through the next act. I feel like that brick wall in act 2 just keeps piling more stones on top of it. It's frustrating to say the least.

But what do I know right now. I'm drunk, and in a bad mood. Bah to this game I say, BAH!

Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:28 am
Profile WWW
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Most of the patch is "ok", but the repair costs are absolute bulls**t. I can't risk farming inferno just in case i die and have to pay out more than i've earned for that session. f**k you blizzard... /sigh

Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:37 pm
Profile ICQ

i spent 100k on repairs today...and made about 20k. not worth it.ill be out of gold and unable to repair/play soon :P

Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:10 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

I'm just going to farm pony land on hell for gold until blizzard becomes less retarded (or i have excess gold to waste).

Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:22 pm
Profile ICQ

I haven't been able to play Diablo 3 for a while now, but I think it's funny how much it's starting to sound like an MMO.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:11 am
Profile WWW

It seems to get better with each patch, although there are still a number of exploits they haven't taken care of over a number of patches.... joking of course

|Twitter|

Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:17 am
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Where's my army of pro toons to assist in the fight against Ghom inferno?? You're dropping the ball kids. :laughy:

Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:22 pm
Profile ICQ

Ahh, man. I should play more. I've just been busy at the desk. I might hop on tonight after D&D gets out, but that would be like... 4am tomorrow our time. I have no idea. My group is slow.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:49 pm
Profile WWW

Now it all makes sense:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2E1992AEA ... deID=&tag=

Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:54 am
Profile WWW
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Gold

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:29 pm
Profile ICQ

I've noticed this hugely apologetic vibe from Blizzard. They are now looking to players for ideas on content; and this is the first time since Burning Crusade that they have actively asked their players for input on where they screwed up.

Also I lold a bit from that post.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:35 am
Profile WWW
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

News from the inferno front: Ghom is dead, i paid excessuve amounts of gold in repairs. /rage

Let the act3 farming commence!

Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:49 pm
Profile ICQ

Busted through the Inferno Act 2 Wall, started Act 3, wasn't too bad until I saw a rare group. They looked at me and I died, I died hard. Back to act 2 for the grind again.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:36 pm
Profile WWW

Holy Wall of text batman, I reviewed D3.

I will post the summary here!

Quote:
EASY READ VERSION!
-The AH and RMAH are entirely player driven experiences that help ensure new level 60 players will not have a hard time entering the trading market.
-The end game is lacking, but with some simple additions such as ladders and meaningful PvP that is easily fixed.
-D3's pacing is what makes it feel like it is shorter, even though it has much more content and vastly improved story telling mechanisms
-D2 had a far superior character building system, that was only hindered by a lack of clarity for new players, and a feeling of ruining characters if points were spent incorrectly.
-Stats are, simply put, not part of the character building process. And not being able to allocate them makes the game feel more streamlined and less confusing for new players, while still allowing for seasoned players to enjoy math, and the discovery of some of the finer details.
-Required Online play is the biggest downfall of this game. Sadly, Blizzard has reasons for not changing this policy, be it consumer accessibility, or copyright protection, an offline mode is more then likely not going to happen in the foreseeable future.

The actual post can be found here if you feel like reading it for some unknown reason.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:22 pm
Profile WWW

T-t-triple post.

New info on 1.0.4

It looks like they are going to be fixing pretty much everything that I've had problems with. Granted that's just how it looks, I'm going to remain hopeful.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:48 pm
Profile WWW

Quad post.

1.0.4 is out, and if you jumped ship because you didn't care for any of the mechanics I can pretty much guarantee they have been worked on in some way. Even if it's not the perfect fix it's a big one, and there is a lot to enjoy in this new patch.

Paragon Levels included!

For the full notes, go here

Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:35 pm
Profile WWW
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

I'm glad i sucker punched Inferno Diablo before this patch....some of the elites are a little too easy now. :p

Loot drops have been fixed too, but I can see myself getting annoyed with the increased need to vendor s**t.

Minor gripes though...paragons are awesome!

Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:57 am
Profile ICQ
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10