New Queens of the Stone Age June 2013 
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Post New Queens of the Stone Age June 2013
http://www.qotsa.com

It will be the first album since Songs for the Deaf to feature Dave Grohl on drums.

That is all.

p.s. According to Wikipedia, the album will be titled ...Like Clockwork

Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:04 am
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Post Re: New Queens of the Stone Age June 2013
So, the album is definitely called ...Like Clockwork. Here's the new single, and that's the album artwork on the site: http://www.mygodisthesun.com

Today I drove to San Diego and back, listening to Songs for the Deaf from my iphone via one of the radio thingys so it really added to the whole "driving through so-cal listening to the radio" concept. And indeed, most of the radio stations down here are in Spanish.

Seriously listen to the new single okthxbai

Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:28 am
missihippy
missihippy

The song didn't match my expectations. Interviews were all "like the first record, return of robot rock" etc.

That's not like the first record at all.

[url="http://thatscoundrel.bandcamp.com/"]7inch Feb 15th 5$[/url]

Wed May 15, 2013 12:19 pm
Profile WWW
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

So I've listened to the album several times now, and I really like it. I was slightly disappointed at first, because like Sleep said, the buzz was implying a return to the earlier sound, and this pretty much wasn't. It's probably more like Lullabies than any other album, but I think it's better (Lullabies was my least favorite album). Like the other even-numbered albums, there are pretty much only one or two radio hit style Queens songs on here, which was mainly why I was disappointed, but the songs are all still really good.

{arbitrary new paragraph}
The credits are all over the place on this album, as is to be expected on a Queens record, but even moreso than usual. Dave Grohl did drums on 5 of the 10 tracks, which is another disappointment for me because again, the buzz led me to believe that he was back as a full time foreign exchange drummer, doing all the drumwork and touring for a bit like he did on SFTD. That's what got me so excited. However, 5/10 isn't bad, and the rest of the songs are split up between Joey Castillo (longtime outgoing drummer), and Jon Theodore (new touring drummer and maybe permanent), who all do great drumwork as well. Also, there is one song on the album that reunites the entire SFTD lineup I believe, I'll just copy-paste the credits here:
"If I Had a Tail"
Dean Fertita- Moog, Korg
Dave Grohl- Drums
Joshua Homme- Vocals, Guitar, Lead Guitar
Mark Lanegan- Background Vocals
Nick Oliveri- Background Vocals
Michael Shuman- Bass, 12-String Guitar, Background Vocals
Alex Turner- Background Vocals
Troy Van Leeuwen- Guitar, Moog, Background Vocals

So, Nick wasn't on bass :(, but in my opinion Josh himself was the best bass-player this band ever had (hides from fans).

Anyway, this album is far more introspective and emotional than any of their other albums, and while the style isn't quite what we've come to expect, or hope, it is different, with shades of the past, and just enough weird to go around, and more heart and soul than ever before.

Anyone else listened to this?

edit: oh yeah, and though it is slower and lacks that overall driving force of some of the other albums, it's still super catchy. I've had "I Appear Missing" stuck in my head forever, and others as well.

Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:52 pm
missihippy
missihippy

I like it, but it also had to grow on me. I don't care much for the sad sad songs, but a couple of the tracks really keep the whole thing together.

[url="http://thatscoundrel.bandcamp.com/"]7inch Feb 15th 5$[/url]

Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:11 am
Profile WWW