Uncontrolled Reentry 
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Post Uncontrolled Reentry
Hello, everyone. It's been quite a while since I posted 'round these parts. Life and family got fairly busy and I cut a few forum communities out of my daily visitations, and for that I am truly remorseful :(. I made a few DoD entries in the past some may remember and I plan on returning to that scene again as well hopefully soon, now that I have a bit of time to record during the weekends. I hope this isn't terribly bad form to come back after all this time for some shameless self promotion, but I recently released my first single which I hope to have precede a full album and I wanted to share it with you.

The song is a 9-minute progressive instrumental called "Uncontrolled Reentry" and represents years of attempting and finally succeeding in finishing something I feel ok and satisfied with actually selling. It's inspired by artists like Mike Oldfield, Jean Michel Jarre, Tangerine Dream, and maybe a bit of Satriani in there as well. So there's a bit of electronic in there, but led by mainly lead guitar so it's not entirely categorized (at least to me, maybe there's a name for this stuff I don't know I just record :)). I have plans for experimenting with many genres for the full album (which I'm thinking of calling 'Fractured'). Anyway, the song kind of tells the story of my life and how things don't turn out the way I think they sometimes will, but it all seems to work out in the end anyway somehow, if you don't quit. All that fancy talk out of the way, I'm just happy to finally finish a project like this after so many unfinished WIPs! (the few who knew me from VGMix can attest to that!)

It's available on my Bandcamp store as well as iTunes and Amazon MP3. If you like what you hear please support me in realizing my dream of completing my own first album! And if you do decide it's worth your time and your money, please throw me a rate/review as well! See you around...

Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:46 pm
\m/ Sponsore \m/
\m/ Sponsore \m/

Post Re: Uncontrolled Reentry
Stupid-ass no restraint 9-minute long amateur prog with guitar wankery covering up for a lack of imagination. That is what the devil on my shoulder told me I'd be sparing myself the trouble of listening through by closing the tab and not giving it a chance. Meanwhile, the angel suggested I at least listen to the first 20 seconds before saying to myself, "yep, thought so" and then closing the tab forever and being done with this so-called "MusicallyInspired."

Good thing they're not above being shown what's what from time to time because that song was awesome!! Thanks for making it and thanks for sharing it! I loved the arrangement, the mix, and your ideas. True, it DID have a little guitar wankery, but that was completely appropriate given the musical context. Super great, buddy, and I hope to hear more soon. Really, it was a treat. Thank you very much.

Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:00 am
Profile WWW
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Post Re: Uncontrolled Reentry
Thank you so much for your feedback, Grand! I really appreciate you giving it a chance and I'm glad you ended up liking it! :)

Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:02 pm