Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 347 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Home Recording F.A.Q. 
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Post Re: Home Recording F.A.Q.
:eek: I like that thing alot.
I'm working on an arrangement of Castlevanias Stage 3 right now. Will post when done.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:55 am
Profile WWW

Really cleaned some things up. :P

Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:12 pm
Profile WWW
The Certile Frescent
The Certile Frescent

lol this is such bulls**t

http://www.armcannon.com/danimal/jazzintrofinal.mp3

Thu May 05, 2011 11:40 pm

I have a couple of random questions:

What are some good methods to bring midi drums together to make them sound like one cohesive kit?

I like the sound of the individual midi samples I am using but when I listen back it seems like I am lacking something to bring them all together as a solid kit. I have tried adding a little reverb and did not see much of a difference. I played around with compressors on individual drums and the drum master bus but couldn't really get a decent sound. Are there any other methods to bring them all together?

Should compression be used on individual drums or on a master drum bus only?

When panning drums should I pan them from the perspective of being the drummer or being an audience member?

IE: hi hats on the right or left depending on if you are playing the kit or watching someone play the kit.

Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:08 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

What I've recently learned when working with drum samples is it's all about how you choose samples and eq them. Zircon has some very good tutorials on this.
Whether or not you use fl studio doesn't matter. This and his other tutorials are very helpful when it comes to drum programing and eq'ing.
http://youtu.be/1SXgM2Hzm7g
Stemage also had a video on drum programming in reaper:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czsIjqoU1sE

Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:04 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks for the info. I have seen the stemage drum programming video (was a huge help) but not the other one. I'll check it out.

Tue May 01, 2012 8:02 am

I was wondering if anyone had any tips or info on recording vocals and acoustic guitar. I just recently started working on a song at home with a very basic set up on Logic Pro. I have a few mics for recording vocals and guitar, but I can clearly hear that they're not cut out for the job. So, I was wondering if anyone knew of a specific mic that could double as a way to record vocals and then the guitar. Any tips on recording it would be greatly appreciated too. Thanks.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:59 am

A decent condenser mic should handle both things well. Most condenser mics require phantom power, so be aware of that. I use this one, and it works pretty well for anything I've done: http://www.samsontech.com/samson/produc ... hones/c01/

There's a version of that which plugs directly into USB, so that would work if you don't have a mixer with phantom power.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:56 pm
Profile WWW

Believe it or not, but I actually already own one of those. I own the USB version of it. But when I used it, I would get a few minor pops for vocals and the guitar never really came in that well. Is there a certain way of setting it up so I can optimize the sound? Because the main problem I have with it is everything it does pick up comes in VERY quietly. I end up having the amplify whatever it recorded just the hear what's playing.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:04 pm

I don't have any experience with the USB model, but I've never had any sort of issues like that with my regular one. I've usually had the opposite problem where the mic picks up a whole bunch of things I didn't necessarily want - it's pretty sensitive. I don't know how you'd control the gain settings on the USB model. I handle that from my interface where the XLR cable plugs in. But yeah, I think that's what you want, a gain control.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:12 am
Profile WWW

I actually ened up purchasing the Apogee ONE. It's a pretty nifty little device that has an internal mic that picks up everything quite nicely, which is surprising for the size of the device,

Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:36 pm

Oh hey guys.

I Wanna Go (Britney Spears Cover) :wah:

I decided I want to be a songwriter, so I chose to study Max Martin by recreating one of his songs using what I have. I think it turned out pretty well, and it was a good exercise in arrangement and form of pop/dance songs.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:53 pm

I have another thing I wanted to bring up. I'm planning on recording a gapless album at some point, and I was wondering if anyone had experience with that sort of thing. How would you go about recording it? Would you record it all as one big track then split it up later or something? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:07 am
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

New to the idea of recording. I've always wanted to try it. Kidd mentions the Lexicon Omega in his OP? I clicked on the link (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audi ... dio#review) and a positive review mentioned using the Reaper DAW instead of Cubase? Has anyone here tried those two together? Will Drumkit from Hell Superior work with them combined?

Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:44 am
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Are you asking will Drumkit from hell work with reaper? Or are you asking if you can use cubase and reaper together?

Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:45 am
Profile WWW

I really like the midi drum editor in Cubase. (It's not that much different than Reaper's but has a couple of minor things I prefer.) I like Reaper for everything else though. I build beats in Cubase then export the midi and import it into Reaper. I do all the rest of the recording in Reaper.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:45 am
missihippy
missihippy

Anyone have experience with or can recommend one of those iPhone adapter/recording software things?

[url="http://thatscoundrel.bandcamp.com/"]7inch Feb 15th 5$[/url]

Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:16 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 347 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12