Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 989 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
 What are you listening to right now? 
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Post Re: What are you listening to right now?
NEW GOJIRA TRACK (Liquid Fire)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge81eOKtZOc

ALSO THIS (The Gift of Guilt)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KbZOEZifgo

Oh crap, I forgot to tell Col. Hagstrom to polish the dimensional distortion turbines and re-install Windows XP on the ships inter dimensional walky talky thing... we might end up in an alternate post synthetic spasm rendered REE AAAHH LUUH TEE

Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:51 am

I guess that means it's leaked. I think I can wait.

Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:58 pm
Profile WWW
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

http://www.videogamedj.com/halc-hydrocity/

<3 chiptunes :nerdlove:

Oh crap, I forgot to tell Col. Hagstrom to polish the dimensional distortion turbines and re-install Windows XP on the ships inter dimensional walky talky thing... we might end up in an alternate post synthetic spasm rendered REE AAAHH LUUH TEE

Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:20 pm

http://music.basickrecords.com/album/the-royal-thousand

Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:06 am
Profile WWW

Listening to Gojira - The Axe

Somehow makes me proud of being French.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:13 am
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Exivious - Ripple of a Tear

Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:32 am

Excited about the new Contortionist tomorrow. Their last album is the bomb. http://www.noisecreep.com/2012/07/16/th ... ity-video/

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:35 pm
Profile WWW

is no one listening to the new Baroness Album?
imo: It's pretty EPIC!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoHgV6UNMLM :love:

Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:00 am
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

I've been on a huge Rush kick since Clockwork Angels came out, recently jamming the hell out of Signals.

Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:32 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

EPICLOUD TRACKS

Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:27 am
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

The new Faceless album has leaked, so I gave that listen. It's okay, but I had much higher expectations from what I heard in the demo. Keene's Devin Townsend's impersonation is good but :wah:

Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:08 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

It looks like no one visits this forum anymore, but just in case someone stumbles onto this, EPICLOUD LISTENING PARTY!

EDIT: Well, I guess the video is set to private now. Kingdom is SOOOOO GOOOOOOOOD!! And so is Grace. I'm super super excited for this album.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:48 am

I only listened to the start of the commentary becasue I was at work, but I bookmarked it. :( I should have DLed it!! Didn't think it would disappear.

This s**t:
http://townportal.bandcamp.com/
http://lazerwulf.bandcamp.com/
This album WAS on bandcamp, not sure why it's not any more: http://basickrecords.com/releases/the_royal_thousand
http://www.xocmusic.com/HF4/

Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:02 pm
Profile WWW

There should be a thread for HF 4 or a bump for it, it's all I've listened to this week.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:51 pm
Profile WWW
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Stemage wrote:
I only listened to the start of the commentary becasue I was at work, but I bookmarked it. :( I should have DLed it!! Didn't think it would disappear.

No worries :-D

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:03 pm

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:01 pm
Profile WWW
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

You know, Kingdom might be my new favorite song. It's one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard.

edit: Kingdom album version :love:

Last edited by Felix on Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:27 pm

Yeah dude! The whole Physicist album is pretty underrated IMO. I love that DVD set, but there are so many backing tracks. Which I could just hear what's on stage.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:21 pm
Profile WWW

I've been digging Meshuggah a lot lately. Don't know why. I've never really been a huge fan of them, but I think I'm finally starting to understand what their music is all about. What albums would you guys recommend listening through? I've already listened to Catch 33 all the way through and I though it was pretty good. I also listened to a good deal of Destroy, Erase, Improve, but none of it really stuck with me yet, aside from Future Breed Machine.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:20 am
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Funklord wrote:
I've been digging Meshuggah a lot lately. Don't know why. I've never really been a huge fan of them, but I think I'm finally starting to understand what their music is all about. What albums would you guys recommend listening through? I've already listened to Catch 33 all the way through and I though it was pretty good. I also listened to a good deal of Destroy, Erase, Improve, but none of it really stuck with me yet, aside from Future Breed Machine.

If you like Catch 33, go check out Nothing. It's arguably their best album in that style, but is also the hardest to get into. After that, go to obZen and Koloss.

Keep at it with Destroy Erase Improve. That album's pacing and flow is incredible, Fredrik was into holdsworth-style solos and guitar tone back then, and the drums are an interesting mashup of jazz and thrash drumming. If you like Meshuggah's more thrashy side, check out Chaosphere after that. It's their most aggressive and intense sound.

Lastly, if you haven't yet, go check out Sol Niger Within, Fredrik Thordendal's side project album. It's even more of an acquired taste than Meshuggah, but once it clicks for you, it will repeatedly blow your mind. Where it really shines is in the solos, which is weird because I think Meshuggah's biggest weakness in recent albums has been the solos. He really fulfills the role of Allan Holdsworth's evil twin.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:27 pm

I have indeed listened to Sol Niger Within... and my God... I didn't know what the hell to think of it. I was just lost entirely. Hahaha. It's one of those things that I can really see being WAY ahead of its time. It's just a very strange piece of music altogether. And I think I just might put all of Meshuggah's albums on my iPod and just sit through each one to see what their all about. Thanks for the advice though. :-D

Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:11 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

So I finally listened to all of Tide, which Stem had a hand in, and I loved it. Kind of blown away. So, yeah, just if anyone hasn't heard that, do it.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:37 am

I feel a little strange with my interest transition, but I like what I've gotten into. I was on a Meshuggah binge for a little bit, but then I came across Diana Krall. And let me say... I've fallen in love with her music. It's just fantastic. It's a departure from what I normally get into, but I've been listening to her music for the past few days nonstop. If you're looking for some good jazz music, I highly recommend checking Diana Krall out.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:51 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHdTvFWGCnY

Guys, just hear me out. It's good.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:09 am
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

So this came yesterday, and it's great! Kingdom and More! are my fav tracks, but the entire album has an...effervescent quality :shot:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:48 pm

HOLY s**t. any extras?

Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:05 am
Profile WWW
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Stemage wrote:
HOLY s**t. any extras?

Yup! There's a second disc full of original bonus tracks and, of course, the lucky animal.

Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:31 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Parallax II leaked a few days ago, and it's GLORIOUS. Quite possibly their best effort to date (yes, even better than Colors).

Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:33 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Felix wrote:
Quite possibly their best effort to date (yes, even better than Colors).

:eek: :eek: :eek: whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Also, in itunes which I opened for the first time in ever because I was gifted an itouch 4 (:D), the genius bar says this: "you bought St. Anger, so we recommend Colbie Caillat" lolwut

edit: Colors isn't the bar for me, anyway

Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:59 am

Better than Colors. HELL YES. I just found out about the leak today and I already listened to it three times. Absolutely incredible. Colors was always my favorite album and Future Sequence tops it in every way. I kinda feel bad about getting the leak, but I actually did pre-order the album and I might even buy some of their older albums to support them. Hahaha. They deserve it.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:28 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 989 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next