Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 989 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 33  Next
 What are you listening to right now? 

EDIT: Done with MM, now listening to Images and Words by Dream Theater, Evil Empire by Rage against the Machine and a bit of Metallica as well.

Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:49 pm
Profile WWW
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Been listening to my Heavy Metal play list on my iPod. Artists on this list include Iron Maiden, Joe Satriani, Judas Priest, Pantera, Van Halen, Black Sabbath, Angel Witch, Def Leppard, Apocalyptica, Helstar, King Diamond; various vg remixers, such as Braincells, Snappleman, Ansgaros, and even a song from the album Dracula Battle 2 Perfect Selection.

Sounds like a disparate group of artists, but each song is a winner. Plenty of older and newer material, all of it heavy metal.

Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:02 am

Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:37 am

Made a winamp playlist for opening work this morning (our stereo system is run through the compy). Today we are prepping the restaurant to The Vandals, The Dead Milkmen, Smashing Pumpkins, and White Zombie. Joy :D

|Twitter|

Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:49 am

Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:31 am

Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:23 pm

I am lisening to a bunch of retarted mexicans singing about something I can't understand at work. F***, I hate running an auditorium.

Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:52 pm

Anosmium :) They should put Stems face on money :P

Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:25 am

The special Porcupine Tree fanclub live cd.

Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:48 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

I'm listening to The Chemical Brothers, with Daft Punk and Justice on the same playlist.

Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:04 pm

Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:18 pm

Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:26 pm
Profile WWW

Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:11 pm

Now When Day and Dream Unite. Can't believe I'm hearing the Killing Hand and Ytse Jam for the first time. Great stuff.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:16 pm
Profile WWW

Now When Day and Dream Unite. Can't believe I'm hearing the Killing Hand and Ytse Jam for the first time. Great stuff.

r u serios u canot b serios.

I think it's one of their better albums. The remastered version sounds great.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:47 pm

I was originally turned off by the lack of praise it got from fans, but I finally realized how under appreciated it really is. I finished the whole album in one sitting and I actually liked it better than Images and Words. Pull me Under and Metropolis were always the only songs I ever thought were truly awesome on that album, and have always considered it a bit overrated because of that. This album was quite grizzly.

BTW, I also just listened to A Rite of Passage of off the upcoming album. Really great guitar/keyboard solos, and i personally enjoyed the heavier style, but I hope most of the songs stick to their prog roots.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Profile WWW

I was originally turned off by the lack of praise it got from fans, but I finally realized how under appreciated it really is. I finished the whole album in one sitting and I actually liked it better than Images and Words. Pull me Under and Metropolis were always the only songs I ever thought were truly awesome on that album, and have always considered it a bit overrated because of that. This album was quite grizzly.

BTW, I also just listened to A Rite of Passage of off the upcoming album. Really great guitar/keyboard solos, and i personally enjoyed the heavier style, but I hope most of the songs stick to their prog roots.

The new album's going to have 7 mostly long songs, so it should be very prog. I've heard A Nightmare To Remember, and it's great. Rite Of Passage seems just okay to me though, despite the amazing solos.

I think WDADU is mostly disliked because of the production value and less "prog" nature, but I actually like the sound. It's classic 80s metal, with a nice dose of Rush.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:33 pm

I didn't mind the production, especially for a debut album. I go back to albums like Kill 'em All and that one that came out before Paranoid and I still love em. WDADU (such an awkward acronym) is now on that list.

EDIT: I calculated the average song length of the new DT album: 12 and a half minutes.

:o
:)
:D

Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:49 pm
Profile WWW

Am I the only one here that only buys albums?

Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:06 pm
Profile WWW

This song suddenly got very addictive.

Sat May 02, 2009 10:54 am
Profile WWW
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

You Will Be Reincarnated As An Imperial Attack Spaceturtle - Behold... The Arctopus.

I love me some 12-string Warr guitar. Especially the sweet riffs at 1:45.
:dementy:

Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:30 pm

Here's what I've been jamming on the past week.
Chimaira - The Infection
Gojira - The Way of All Flesh

These albums are GREAT.

Today I got Obscura's Cosmogenesis which is also GREAT along with the latest from The Faceless that I haven't heard yet but I'm about to listen to the latest from Intronaut right now. I like getting new stuff. :)

Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:57 pm
Profile WWW

Right now, I'm listening to some random band that added me on myspace. They're called Tetrafusion and they're okay. They play prog metal but I haven't really been paying attention to what I'm listening to.

Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:59 pm

Recently my girlfriend made me listen to Symphony X's newest album Paradise Lost. She recommended it to me saying that a DT fan should like them, and I feel ashamed it was the first time I had checked them out. I thought the album was great overall, the worst song on there was probably just "good". Any other albums SX fans would recommend?

I've also been relistening to Scenes from a Memory alot lately. Guess I just love it. I've also been in the mood for Crack the Skye since I got this in the mail yesterday

Wearing it right now, actually. (Man I've been in a prog mood these past months)

Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:08 pm
Profile WWW
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Divine Wings of Tragedy and V: the New Mythology are their best albums. You might also like Twilight in Olympus and The Odyssey, which has an epic 24-minute song that is basically a metallicized John Williams score.

ChickenPiss wrote:

I'm sure almost everyone here buys only full records, including myself.

Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:44 pm

I actually have their whole discography ready to download off of torrents, so ill listen to all of their s**t anyway.

Felix wrote:
ChickenPiss wrote:

I'm sure almost no one here buys only full records, excluding myself.

Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:51 pm
Profile WWW
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

A lot of their early material is for the most part discredited, but it's still worth a listen. On The Edge of Forever is a GREAT power ballad. Their first album is pretty terrible though, with the slight exception of Masqerade. That track isn't even listening to anymore because they redid with Russell Allen on vox.

EDIT: I just started listening to The Way of All Flesh, and I'm really liking it. I'm not that far into my first listen, but it's a fresh departure from a lot of the bands I listen to. I'll add this to the very short list of bands that have growls I can stand to listen to. I guess I'll post more later on my overall impressions of the full album.

Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:55 pm

I really love the Odyssey. That's honestly my favorite song by Symphony X. I've listened to them for awhile but I still have to check out their older stuff. I've mainly listened to things off of Paradise Lost.

I just got done downloading Mr. Fastfinger's new album. I'm diggin' it.

Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:04 am

Jag Panzer - Shadow Thief ....... for the past 4 days. Really addicted to this song.

Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:25 am

I'm about to listen to the latest from Intronaut right now. I like getting new stuff. :)

Intronaut is damn f**king fantastic. I can't get enough. 5 STRING FRETLESS BASS RIGHT HANDED. You can appreciate that s**t.

I'm loving the no Social Ghost. Total pop, but with bits of Rushy fills. Saw them live first and was amazed.

New CKY and new 311 not that impressed, so I put those away now.

Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:34 am
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 989 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 33  Next