Prometheus - Thoughts on the film? 
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Post Prometheus - Thoughts on the film?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H3XpWiMB_E

Thoughts? Hopes? ...Fears? I think it looks cool, but the trailer doesn't answer one nagging question: Where is Guy Pearce?

Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:26 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Post Re: Prometheus - Thoughts on the film?
CAN'T WAIT BECAUSE RIDLEY SCOTT PLUS SCI FI EQUALS JUST THAT

Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:00 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

It's obviously related to Alien. There's just too many nods to the first film: the Space Jockey chair and room; the derelict spacecraft; the title appearing the way "ALIEN" did in Alien's opening credits. Some of the references are more subtle: For example, the creepy music you hear under the loud, obnoxious horns is lifted directly out of Jerry Goldsmith's score. Even the static and electronic interference sounds at the start of the trailer are borrowed from the first film (the scene where Ash is looking at the monitors receiving Kane, Lambert and Dallas' signals and they crackle before shorting out with an ominous "click!"). Also, compare the spaceship you see directly after Ridley Scott's directing credits. Its hull is illuminated periodically by the flashing beacons built into its sides - just like the shots of the landing craft that bookends the scene where Ash, Dallas and Kane are talking and Lambert is smoking a cigarette in the background/foreground. Little things like that give me hope. But it also has explosions and guns firing, which makes me think "Aliens" more than "Alien," but something tells me more the latter than the former.

Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:08 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Good points. I think it would be more Alien than Aliens because that was his project. Also, Alien>Aliens, imo.

Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:04 pm

The trailer definitely looks interesting and I'm glad they've decided not to hide the fact that this was originally supposed to be an Alien prequel.
I'm looking forward to seeing it.

RevansSisterRindr wrote:
Also, Alien>Aliens, imo.

Maybe. I think for the genre of film that they each are, they're among the best. But which one do I like better? I don't think I can choose.

Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:01 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Yeah... I like all the Alien movies for some reason or another (except for the AVP ones, which mostly suck), but find that the first two are the best. Most people tend to agree, except for hardcore Fincher/Jeunet fans who think that Alien 3/Alien Resurrection are masterpieces. Don't get me wrong - I like each director and his respective film - but they've done better movies throughout their careers: Jeunet, Amelie; Fincher, Seven and Zodiac. Not to mention, killing off awesome characters like Hicks (or Michael Wincott's person in Resurrection) is just wrong. It should be considered a mortal sin.

Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:51 am
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/12/23/ ... rometheus/

This article has some guy analyzing the trailer/teasers shot for shot, usually asking a thought-provoking question after each still. Mostly food for thought. Worth a look.

Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:46 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

http://www.prometheusnews.net/movie/pro ... breakdown/

And another breakdown of the trailer. This one is definitely a lot more in-depth, and could possibly answer a few questions about the film, the kind some people might not want answered until they see the movie. On the chance that they're right, I don't recommend reading it unless you want to be potentially spoiled.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:32 am
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

I so can wait for this to finally be coming out, been following it for a while now. It started out bring a direct alien prequel movie, but in development it moved away from that. From what I know right now IM not expecting to see the "aliens" in it but other races and events leading up to the first alien movie.

Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:47 pm
Profile WWW
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

The trailer is a little over the top, but I have faith in Ridley Scott. At the very least this is going to destroy any movie post Aliens (yes I mean Aliens, I'm a fan! ...)

I just hope the mysteriousness of the Space Jockey and things like that are left intact after the film is all said and done. Sometimes things are best left unexplained, like that random dead soldier in front of the door to Kraid's lair in Super Metroid? Little weird things like that are awesome and best left unexplained, and Alien was all about the mystery and imagination. This movie definitely looks a bit more explosive and in your face about it, but yeah it's Ridley Scott. Finally some sci-fi from him again.

The "Engineer" shot is very cool, definitely didn't see that when I watched the trailer.

Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:41 pm
Profile WWW
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

oooooo looks like H R giger is doing some art for it

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/27603

Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:14 am
Profile WWW
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

I'm currently doing a podcast every week with another guy on this site, here: http://podcast.prometheusforum.net/

The site itself is a good place to find news for the upcoming movie, too.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:22 am

This is my second most anticipated flick of the year.

The trailer is a shot for shot homage to the original Alien. Should be a good, and scary, ride.

Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:36 pm

Saw it a couple of days ago.

As a fan of alien, I had high hopes for this flick. I am sad to say it didn't live up to it.

The action was ok.

But;

It left too many open holes (Giggity), and left me trying to figure out what the hell happened.

Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:02 pm