[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Metroid Metal - View topic - The Movie Review Thread

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2871 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96  Next
 The Movie Review Thread 

Post Re: The Movie Review Thread
Summer!?! But I want to watch it now! Waaaaa!

Looks so good.

Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:10 pm
Profile WWW

Well, the shittiness that is Star Wars: Episode One 3D has inspired some discussion and this post came up:

http://nomachetejuggling.com.s3-website ... ing-order/

If you haven't watched Starwars before, avoid the link and then proceed to watch the movie sexogy in this order (omitting episode 1): IV, V, II, III, VI.

Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:12 am
Profile WWW

I read that the other day, and it's a very valid argument. For posterity's sake, I'd throw in the 2003 Clone Wars cartoon by Genndy Tartakovsky (where it belongs between 2 and 3) only because it's amazing.

Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:34 am

Why don't we pretend that Episode 1 as we know it never happened, and we got something instead. Then we can pretend that from that schism in the time-continuum that we indeed got an episode 2 and 3 that made more sense and were compelling and actually added to the character and charm of IV, V and VI and didn't take away from it.

And while we're at it, let's go ahead and get rid of the Ewoks from Ep VI and replace them with Wookies like God intended.

Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:08 pm
Profile WWW

I only recently found out that it was supposed to be Wookies in ROTJ. Oh man that would've been absolutely amazing. Wookies need to f**k more s**t up.

Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:53 pm

I'm hardly a Star Wars fan (I'm fine with them, is my basic level of interest in it) so my argument usually does and probably should hold less weight than people who actually care about the franchise. Having said that, I kind of think 1 is the best of the prequels. I know everyone hates Jar Jar and baby Anakin is the worst BUT, for me, the one redeeming feature 1 has is Qui-Gon. I LOVED Qui-Gon. He was awesome. He felt like what a jedi should be, which no one else really pulled off in any of the 6 IMHO. I and II, on the other hand, have no redeeming features as far as I can tell. Yoda's light saber fight with saruman the white was pretty cool, but it was at the end of a movie that felt like the worst episode of Dawson's Creek ever. And more or less grown up Anakin is every bit as annoying as his pod racing baby self, except I can kinda-sorta forgive a ten year old for not being able to act, a 20 year old should know better. All 3 prequels are catastrophe's but at least one of them has Liam f**king Neeson in it.

Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:47 pm
Profile WWW
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:46 am
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

My friend showed me that video, I dunno, his voice was annoying. lol

I love the Plinkett reviews though. Probably never watching the NT ever again. They all suck. :p

Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:15 am
Profile WWW
The Certile Frescent
The Certile Frescent

I really liked hunger games but I can't figure out why those 2 characters were black

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:10 pm

I should be getting in the mail soon. I am really looking forward to watching this documentary on one of the most important Industrial bands of all time.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:28 pm

God Bless America is amazing. Watch it now.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:13 am

Saw Hunger Games last weekend with my wife. I had read the book (quite recently), but my wife had not. Since 80% of the book is Catniss' thinking thoughts inside her head, I wondered how they were going to handle that in the movie.

Well, the answer was, they didn't handle it at all. They just let actions play out and you never really got to know what Catniss was thinking. So, her whole scheming and playing the game and purposefully toying with the viewers' emotions never comes across. It made some of the more important plot details kind of muddied and confusing if you didn't understand what the characters were thinking.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:53 am
Profile WWW

Per the suggestion of a fellow Redditor at the party I attended on Friday I watched "Rubber" which was a good fun cheesy horror film. One wouldn't normally think that a movie about a sentient tire would be good, but it certainly is. It is on Netflix streaming so go check it out.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:49 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

I'm seeing Avengers tomorrow.

True story.

I may even write a review.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:24 am
Profile ICQ

wat.

I'm encouraged they've released Avengers to reviewers, etc., so far in advance. It makes me think they believe word of mouth will be very positive for this film. I remember when Spider-Man 3 came out everyone was hush-hush and not allowed to see or talk about the film until after the first weekend. We all know how that story ends...

Yes, I'd love a review if you see it.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:26 am
Profile WWW

Hey now, Spiderman 3 had its moments. Can't deny that Bruce Campbell as the maitre de wasn't brilliant and hysterical.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:30 am

Spider Man 3 was a piece of s**t. Saying it "had its moments" is like saying that a dry anal-raping "had its moments" because a funny commercial played in the background during part of it.

Sorry. Bruce Campbell is god-tier though.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:25 am
Profile WWW
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:29 pm
Profile ICQ

I guess it makes up for you guys paying $90 USD for video games. Either way I'm jealous!

Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:47 pm
Profile WWW
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Ok, Avengers in a nutshell:

Non-stop gags, action, Scarlett Johannson. Nuff said.

Don't expect oscar material (well, maybe for SFX), just good fun, and you won't be disappointed. I won't mention particulars because the ride is too much fun to spoil.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:22 am
Profile ICQ

Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:29 am

The Avengers (wait, I mean ) was fun as hell to watch.

Wed May 02, 2012 5:39 pm
Profile WWW

Seriously, so much Avengers Hype (TM) makes me want it to fail.

I LOVE Joss Whedon and 90% of what he does but there is so much hype surrounding this flick that I don't care that it succeeds. It will because ... well people. But f**k. The level of hype is amazing. It reminds me of the days of Batman Forever.

Fri May 04, 2012 12:26 am
\m/ Sponsore \m/
\m/ Sponsore \m/

"GOSH DANG IT!!"

Fri May 04, 2012 3:46 am
Profile WWW

I loved The Avengers and I felt that it perfectly matched the way the lead-up films were going. I was not disappointed.

I'm kinda surprised nobody's talking about Cabin in the Woods, though. I f**king loved that movie.

Sun May 06, 2012 11:53 am
Profile YIM

Avengers was amazing. I actually had forgotten about Cabin in the Woods, but I know so little about it that I'm not sure I want to drop the money to go see it yet.

Seeing the Prometheus trailer on the big screen got me so f**king amped for that movie. Oh my lord I want to see it.

Mon May 07, 2012 9:11 am

Cabin in the Woods is about 5 kids going to an isolated cabin for summer vacation. One by one, they start dying and trying to escape. Basically your cliché horror movie....or so you think.

If you like movies where your mindhole gets f**ked repeatedly and you realize that everything you knew about a genre was wrong, you will love this movie.

Mon May 07, 2012 10:17 am
Profile YIM

Avengers was the movie I had waited for for so long. Ever since that first teaser for Iron Man in 2006(?) I knew I was one day going to see the Avengers on the big screen. I was not disappointed. It was as close to perfect as it could have been, and I think it raises the bar for the blockbuster superhero movie. I don't know how they can follow it up.

Oh wait, I know how. . Mr. Whedon knows how to make an exciting movie that is at once nostalgic, poignant and character-driven.

I can't wait to see what's next for that Universe.

Mon May 07, 2012 11:16 am
Profile WWW

Best super hero movie ever made IMO. First Batman is still my fav though.

Tue May 08, 2012 12:21 pm
Profile WWW

If V counts as a superhero movie it still wins, if not Avengers wins for me for both best and favorite, though Batman is a real close second.

Tue May 08, 2012 2:17 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2871 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96  Next