Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 781 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 What are you currently watching? 

Post Re: What are you currently watching?
Seems like a lot of people dig Donna the most. I'd say she's my least favorite companion, but she's still dope. I cried, yet again, at the library episodes and I too liked the season ender. Nice wrap up.

And I loved all the specials that followed.

Are you on to Season five yet?

Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:41 pm
Profile WWW

In celebration of our nations' birth, I spent a good part of today with the only family more dysfunctional than my own: the Bluth family.

Lets make like a dick and wrap it up.
The irony.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:41 pm

This weekend, my wife said these words to me: "We should have a Dr Who marathon."

It didn't happen, but still. I recently finished season 5 on the netflix, and she fell asleep during my viewing glut, so she missed the last couple of episodes. She wanted to get caught up, because I started watching season 6, and I realized that watching ANY of that involves spoilers. Alas. She watched one episode (The Lodger) last night, and then went to bed, so I watched several episodes of Louie s2 which is now on netflix too.

I think I've come to the conclusion that Matt Smith is the Dr Whoiest of the New Who dudes. Who knew!? But I really really enjoyed Tennant's run - so much so that it was hard to warm up to Matt Smith at first, but then I did and he's great.

I also noticed while scanning through netflix that Transformers: Dark of the Moon was streaming, so I started watching it. I typically don't just rage quit movies (I watched all of the first one), but I did. It was around the time John Turturro showed up, which seems entirely counter-intuitive.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:56 pm
Profile WWW

I'm about 4 episodes into the Matt Smith eps, and I agree. I can't get over his giant jawline and recessed eyes. But I have been enjoying him so far. The final few eps of Tennant's story arc are going to be hard to top. I am conflicted about Amy Pond as of yet.

However, the 4 "specials" between Tennant's last full season and Matt Smith's seasons were definitely meh. It's hard to top the Daleks transplanting the earth and 26 other planets to the other side of the Universe, Donna getting merged with the Doctor's DNA and finally concluding with the tardis literally tugging the planet back home and Donna getting her memories wiped. Hard. To. Top.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:05 pm
Profile WWW
Spaceballs: The Rank

I didn't initially know about those specials. I had a bad time going into Smith's first series.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:25 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

I like Matt Smith as the Doctor, but geez there has been some poor scripts since he took over. A lot of unnecessary BS and drivel throughout. I've thoroughly had enough of the Amy and River story arcs, so i'll be glad to see the back end (see wot I did thar) of Karen Gillan this season.

Moffat has a very different style to Davies, and i'm not sure if i'm liking it too much tbh.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:51 am
Profile ICQ

Honestly, I'm fine with the arcs. I think they're pretty enjoyable for the most part. It's the individual episodes that get me. Cybermen being defeated by love? Sounds like a bad Disney ending.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Anyone catch Season 5 ep 1 of Breaking Bad?

s**t's gettin' real y'all. Damn.

And as far as Doctor Who is concerned, I finally know what The Silence is and what those tick marks I'd seen on t-shirts and such mean. Definitely a scary episode, and as far as concept go, The Silence are right up there with Weeping Angels as far as nightmare-material is concerned.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:28 am
Profile WWW

BECAUSE I SAID SO

Yes, I watched BB.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:18 pm
Profile WWW

I Forgive You

Chills.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:24 pm
Profile WWW

f'real though

YEAH BITCH, MAGNETS

Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:20 pm
Profile WWW

^ Definitely my favorite scene.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:39 pm
Profile WWW
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

So something came over me and I was like (I haven't seen the 'clone wars' tv show) "ok, youtube, I'll watch the sneak preview of 'clone wars' season 5" and it was Obi-Wan flying around in a jetpack and I was like "f**k this s**t". Today, I saw another one, for some reason, and it was f**king Darth Maul back from the dead with robot legs. Shirtless. So essentially naked. Really f**k this s**t. I'm not spoiler tagging those because nobody cares.

Also, no tv so no BrBa :(.

edit: so this is what I'm currently not watching. As for what I am watching, Arrested Development again. :D

Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:59 am

Because of this thread, I bought the first season of Breaking Bad. I'm only two episodes in but I can tell this is going to be an interesting ride.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:18 am
Profile WWW

Duck, you have no idea. But I'll warn you to avoid spoilers at all costs. There are quite a few "holy s**t!" moments that can easily be ruined.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:01 pm
Profile WWW

Breaking Bad is the best, yo.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:47 pm
Profile WWW
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Watching Firefly for the first time. :eek: Loving it! Also, good choice, Duck, and Doom is right.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:36 am

Doctor Who, guys.

I'm almost caught up with everything in Netflix streaming. Boo! Does this mean I'm going to have to go back and watch those awful-looking Tom Baker series and specials now?

I am definitely in like with Matt Smith. So great. I like his relatively calm and confident demeanor compared to Tennant. A lot less running and screaming. But when he is screaming, you know s**t is going down.

But the story arc about River Song / Melody Pond. Wha-what? I have to admit I pre-spoiled myself on that particular surprise (damn Wikipedia!) but it was an awesome ride all the same.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:27 am
Profile WWW

Tom Baker was my Doctor growing up. By that, I mean those are the ones I watched, not that he was my literal pediatrician, though that would have been awesome. I've actually been watching some of the older ones on netflix too, since I'd never seen any of Doctors 1 - 3. I've seen a lot of 4, some of 5, and oddly enough, 7. Obviously, the effects budgets for those range in the tens of dollars (adjusted for inflation), and the acting is fairly suspect, but they're fun. AND you get to see the Time Lords in all their bureaucratic glory. Anyway, they're way better when you're a pre-teen (in the 80s), but far from unwatchable now. The structure of the shows is different - they are typically serialized, but not like the new ones are. It's usually 3 or 4 episode mini-series with cliffhangers and such. I've been comparing the various Doctors (they're all different), and if nothing else it helps reinforce how much the New Who is a labor of love for those guys.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:47 pm
Profile WWW

I have seen less than 5 Tom Baker episodes and, oddly enough, the 1973 special "The three doctors" which featured the first 3 doctors (boy let me tell you, I was confused). I definitely plan on diving in to some of the older stuff eventually.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:36 pm
Profile WWW

My wife started watching the New Who somewhere in the middle of the Tennant seasons, so we started over again with the first new season. At some point during the Smith seasons, chunklette got invested in the whole thing, and she wanted to start over "when Amy was a little girl" and got really mad that we didn't. "I HATE ROSE SHE IS SO ANNOYING. I WANT MATT SMITH!"

Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:14 pm
Profile WWW
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

So I just finished Firefly. What a damn good show. It's a crime that it's so short. Essentially, I don't know why I waited this long to see it, but to anyone here who hasn't seen it yet, get on that. I'll probably watch Serenity tomorrow, or soon. I imagine I'll rewatch the show some time down the road.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:30 am

Hey, so Breaking Bad Season 5. Mike is dead. f**k Walter White in his f**king goatee for that dick of a move. I know most of season 5 has been slow tension building, careful setting traps that they're going to spring next year. I just hate that I have to wait so long for the payoff.

I'm super sad that this Sunday is the last episode until next summer, but I'm sure s5e08 is going. to. be. awesome.

BUT. Just as soon as Breaking Bad is over for the year, Doctor Who Series 7 picks up. So, we go from meth cooks to time lords.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:48 am
Profile WWW

I'm so damn excited about the new Doctor Who. It's been so long! You been watching the Pond Life mini-webisode-things that started this week? They're fun.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:15 pm
Profile WWW
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

What? I thought 5 was the final season of BrBa? Crap. W/e. I guess more to look forward to then. I just don't want it to become filler, but from what I hear this season's been good, so that's good. Will see over winter break.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:29 am

Season 5 is the final season, but they're holding the second half until next year.

Also, f**k them for ending it on that note last night.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:20 pm
Profile WWW

I thought it was a totally legit cliffhanger. But. What the f**k is Walter doing leaving that book lying around in the bathroom? Kinda silly.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:55 pm
Profile WWW

Oh, it was a brilliant cliffhanger. That's the problem.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:46 am
Profile WWW

I think Episode 8 was f**king brilliant. I can't wait to see how it all pays off in the next 8.

Vince Gilligan is the king of f**king with our expectations. I could write a novel about how brilliantly he f**ked with our expectations, while still paying off on whole seasons' worth of dramatic tension. It's obvious what the next 8 are going to be about, and I can't f**king wait.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:23 am
Profile WWW

My heart was in my throat during that entire last scene, but not because of Hank on the toilet, I was just sure that Holly was going into the pool.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:38 am
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 781 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next