looking for Adobe Premier Elements help 
unranked
unranked

Post looking for Adobe Premier Elements help
I was recently given a PC that has Premier Elements 4.0 installed on it. I've been trying to use it to do some video editing, because I'm sick and tired of Windows Movie Maker.

Anyhow, my footage is all 16:9, and now that I'm ready to render my final project, I realize that PE4.0 defaults into 4:3, so my finished file has black bars and the wrong resolution for uploading to video servers in 16:9 format.

PE4.0 seems to allow you to chose from "presets" at the beginning of a new project (so I'll probably have to start over from scratch), thus letting you specify your video as a widescreen one.

Thing is, this installation of the program has absolutely no presets. The menu is empty, and nowhere am I given any option to change out of the default 720x480 resolution. Since this wasn't my computer originally, I don't have any discs to do re-install or a repair install. Searching google somewhat exhaustively, I can't find a single place to download or otherwise obtain any presets files.

It's an older program so I'm having trouble finding anything particularly informative. Anybody here happen to be familiar with it, or use it? I could use some help. If I can't get it to work in 16:9, I'm stuck right back at square one with converting my .MOV files and fighting with WMM.

my Flickr stream
my YouTube channel

Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:34 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: looking for Adobe Premier Elements help
How do I stop the auto save in Adobe Premiere? I have adobe premiere pro cs4 and every time I open another window and go back to adobe it takes like 20 minutes to auto save. Everything else works fine until I want to do something besides premiere. I just want to know how to get it to quit auto saving every time I'm not on adobe premiere. I've already tried editing in the auto save preferences but that just changes how long before it auto save not every time it's minimized!

Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:19 am