[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Metroid Metal - View topic - Official Dwelling of Duels (DOD) Discussion Thread

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 830 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next
 Official Dwelling of Duels (DOD) Discussion Thread 
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:57 pm

I've got all of em.. I'll put it up sometime for you.

I figured out my site access problem somehow. The new version of the site is up at dod.vgmix.com, but out of date as of this posting (it was finished as of the Mario month but not implemented). Within the next few days it should be up to speed and ironed out.

Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:48 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:18 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:44 am
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:24 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Wow, not alot of songs for the shred duel... bummer. Oh well, I'm still digging Cry of Marion - most excellent.

\m/ :x \m/

Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:10 am
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:35 am
Profile ICQ YIM
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:39 am
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:43 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:07 pm
Profile ICQ YIM

Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:18 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

virt hasn't made a DoD song in some time. and he just finished moving from baltimore to new york. between that and actually having a job, i suspect he'll be away for a bit.

in other news, all the songs will be out tomorrow morning at 9amish, pacific.

-= george =-

Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:16 am
Profile ICQ YIM

Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:28 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:07 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:05 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:27 pm

crystal flash is too damn long no matter how you look at it.

Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:49 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

There are some parts of the song that I dislike, yeah.

The song works alot better when you cut those parts out, which puts the length somewhere around thirteen to forteen minutes instead of twenty.

Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:52 pm
\m/ Sponsore \m/
\m/ Sponsore \m/

"GOSH DANG IT!!"

Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:44 pm
Profile WWW
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:18 pm
Profile ICQ YIM

Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:56 pm

that LttP track rocks plenty of socks. it's a shame the production quality isn't too great :(

Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:06 pm

Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:30 am
Profile WWW

Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:06 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:46 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

except when the composer thinks in terms of really broad, large-scale productions rather than short pieces.

it's the difference between a short story and a robert jordan novel. one just takes less time to read, but both are worth reading.

i freely admit that i'm biased though. i have a difficult time thinking in terms of short songs and maybe that's a skill i should develop.

and 10 minutes probably is a very reasonable amount of time for a maximum song length if you want to put that type of restriction on the other end of the spectrum (i.e. between 2 and 10 minutes).

i wouldn't like it, but i'd go along with it. (:

however!

i don't at all think that someone writing a long song is necessarily stretching their talents thin. they just have a longer story to tell. does anyone think the boss medley from stemage was stretched thin or too long? (: (not i, said the goose)

-= george =-[/i]

Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:34 pm
Profile ICQ YIM

Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:02 pm
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Some people probably excell at writing longer songs, and probably they aren't the least bit affected. But with their kind of song writing talent, just think what kind of shorter song they could create if they were able to create longer Medley's like Crystal Flash and Fall of Iron Spire?

I still enjoy the longer songs, too. But I'm also a fan of some of the same artists shorter, more layered, complexed pieces. Especially Virt's My Frequency Is .... (I forget :P) and Goat's guitar tour de force, Scale the Machine.

As for Boss Medley, I really don't care to much for the first half of the song. But the moment Ridley's theme kicks in (some of Stemage's creative best - I must add) I'm totally hooked. The rest of the song is just gravy.

Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:03 am

Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:48 am
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:35 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 830 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next