Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 ALPHA SQUAD - music by Stompage 
Author Message
Rank: Overlord
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:55 pm
Posts: 7560
Location: Surrounded by cows
Post ALPHA SQUAD - music by Stompage
I guess I should post about this here, considering it's home. :metroidanim:

I finished a soundtrack for an XBL Indie game called Alpha Squad. The soundtrack can be bought with hugs and is available now:

http://stemage.bandcamp.com

Image

Here's the release trailer for the game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZvj4QkLAYk

Considering the STK is free, go buy the game since it's $3 - and rate it 5 stars no matter what you think of it, because that's how life works. :dementy:

The game is actually quite good. It had some pretty HUGE issues re: difficulty, interface, bullets, and the online, but they patched it last night and it kinda rocks now. They're working on another round of updates now. I'm about 1/2 through. Also, you can't beat my arena score. Even if you can, you can't.

_________________
Image


Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:30 pm
Profile WWW
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:07 am
Posts: 12
Post Re: ALPHA SQUAD - music by Stompage
I've been waiting for you to make a thread on this so I could tell you how much it rocks. You should totally play something from it next Magfest.

Not sure about the game itself, though. I hate to crap on indie developers, but I didn't really care for the trial. You say they updated some stuff though, so maybe I'll give it another shot.


Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:18 pm
Profile
Rank: Help computer
Rank: Help computer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:59 pm
Posts: 1723
Location: San Francisco, CA
Post Re: ALPHA SQUAD - music by Stompage
Meaty.

City has the best use of a tritone in all music. It's in the section that starts at 1:30. I'm not sure how you did it, but it sounds perfect.

Oh and on Haunted, I had a question. Do you by chance listen to Opeth much? :love:

_________________
Image
linearity@freyja:~/chicken-playground$ ./test
No error
Love and rock!


Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:52 pm
Profile WWW
Rank: A cheap ass Guile
Rank: A cheap ass Guile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:07 pm
Posts: 7624
Location: In an abandoned house, autotuning my feelings.
Post Re: ALPHA SQUAD - music by Stompage
Well done!


Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:43 am
Profile WWW
Rank: Overlord
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:55 pm
Posts: 7560
Location: Surrounded by cows
Post Re: ALPHA SQUAD - music by Stompage
Thanks!

Linearity wrote:
on Haunted, I had a question. Do you by chance listen to Opeth much? :love:

The goal was to completely rip them off actually. :dementy: I didn't do that "one" drumbeat, because that would have been a bit too much.

_________________
Image


Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:12 am
Profile WWW
Rank: Help computer
Rank: Help computer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:59 pm
Posts: 1723
Location: San Francisco, CA
Post Re: ALPHA SQUAD - music by Stompage
Stemage wrote:
The goal was to completely rip them off actually. :dementy:

I didn't say it, you said it.

_________________
Image
linearity@freyja:~/chicken-playground$ ./test
No error
Love and rock!


Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:43 am
Profile WWW
Rank: "Zoinks" Advocate
Rank: "Zoinks" Advocate
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:47 pm
Posts: 2412
Location: Calgary, Canada
Post Re: ALPHA SQUAD - music by Stompage
<3

I needed something new to listen to, and this is fun stuff.

_________________
yoshidude81 wrote:
And tape needs to go back to being an angsty teenager that loves Saw too much rather than an angsty teenager that loves Saw too much, but also looks pretty.


Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:47 am
Profile ICQ
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:31 pm
Posts: 1054
Location: Deep Space
Post Re: ALPHA SQUAD - music by Stompage
Sounds great! I can't wait to hear it in the context of the game, which I will buy when my xbox is next connected to the internet.

_________________
Oh, okay. I see a poop there. I see it now.


Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:50 am
Profile
The Certile Frescent
The Certile Frescent
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 12:20 pm
Posts: 8700
Location: Going to the moon, BRB
Post Re: ALPHA SQUAD - music by Stompage
Stemage wrote:
Thanks!


The goal was to completely rip them off actually. :dementy: I didn't do that "one" drumbeat, because that would have been a bit too much.

Yeah because you already used it on the "winter" track :D

LOVE THIS SOUNDTRACK

_________________
Image


Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:43 pm
Profile
Rank: Overlord
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:55 pm
Posts: 7560
Location: Surrounded by cows
Post Re: ALPHA SQUAD - music by Stompage
danimal93 wrote:
Yeah because you already used it on the "winter" track :D

I forgot about that! Oh Martin

_________________
Image


Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:07 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.
Untitled Document