[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Metroid Metal - View topic - [:.:]The Official ART Thread[:.:]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 612 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
 [:.:]The Official ART Thread[:.:] 

Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:49 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
The Certile Frescent
The Certile Frescent

Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:56 pm

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:07 pm
Profile WWW

Splash, you're pretty much right on the money. My style is a blend of all the major artistic influences in my life, the two biggest being John K. and Ed Roth.

As far as danimals comments are concerned, the difference between my art and McFarlanes is that my details describe shape, form, line of action, and volume. McFarlanes describe texture. While using lots of detail to describe texture is in no way a bad thing, Mcfarlane uses it as a crutch by filling all of his forms with the same texture just to make them look busy.

Now don't get me wrong...It's not like I'm saying he's 'wrong'. I'm just saying that I think it looks like s**t.

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:45 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
The Certile Frescent
The Certile Frescent

I was specifically thinking about Frankensteins face when I said that. Just so you know.

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:46 pm

All that detail is folds and flaps of skin, and muscles contorting into a facial expression and influencing the shape of the surface. It's not 'noise for the sake of noise'.

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:49 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

Surely an imagine without shape, form, line of action, or volume. McFarlane does tend to overdo it sometimes.. but not ALL the time. That's alot of work.

Anyway, some great visual art I found: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/

Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:08 pm
\m/ Sponsore \m/
\m/ Sponsore \m/

I thought you might've been talking about this guy. I guess those extra lines are trash or debris from the junkyard he likely spends much of his time in? The flies are the clues I'm working from here.

"GOSH DANG IT!!"

Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:10 pm
Profile WWW
Thanks splash. But right now most of my time on my compy is limited. "Somebody" tryed to install C&C on this compy and slowed it down immensely.

Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:12 pm

Last edited by z0mbi on Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:22 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

i love the metroid magic eye,how did you make that????
heres the drawings i said i'd scan AGES ago(See from dates), and only JSUT got a scanner,here they are, i dont know what you will think,im normally an animal/creature drawer,im not good with people, but one day i just got bored and did something different in my head...

Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:28 pm

Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:32 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

The right inner hand is a very good example, methinks. Drawing lines over a suit detailed with lines? No.

Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:41 pm
Profile WWW

Actually, this is before Greg CaPullo was inking his s**t, so the heavy detailing isnt that bad...but I just thought it was a great example of a bad drawing. Not only does Mary Jane look like she has Downs Syndrome to begin with, but all those eye lines are completely unecessary. Spiderman would be missing a majority of his abdomen if you straightened him out of that foreshortened pose. The face on the lower right is just so bad I dont even know where to begin.

Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:51 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
\m/ Sponsore \m/
\m/ Sponsore \m/

"GOSH DANG IT!!"

Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:52 pm
Profile WWW
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

What I done so far. Started it back in 2004 lol, I pick it back up when I got spare time.

Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:09 pm

Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:10 pm
Profile WWW

Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:11 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
\m/ Sponsor \m/
\m/ Sponsor \m/

No not completely original, used the Ganondorf art from Ocarina of Time as a reference. It might seem like nothing, but theres like 10-12 hours of work in there.

Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:16 pm

Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:18 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:58 pm

Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:19 pm
Profile WWW

Last edited by JunkGURL on Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:08 pm
Profile WWW
The Certile Frescent
The Certile Frescent

Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:07 pm

I think he said he didnt want to talk about it, let it go.

Ok here it is, fun, no?

Sorry for the size, i know its big, ill get a smaller one going.

Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:05 pm
Profile WWW

Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:09 am

Although it's probably just the eyeballs hanging out.

Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:32 am

Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:01 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:41 pm
The Certile Frescent
The Certile Frescent

Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:53 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 612 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next